- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Montville scored four runs in the top of the seventh inning to rally for an 8-7 win over host St. Bernard Wednesday in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division softball game.
Katrina Awad doubled twice, Adrienne Foret tripled and Alyssa Mattison was the winning pitcher for Montville (3-1, 2-0). Mena Buscetto took the loss for St. Bernard (0-2, 0-1).
In other games:
• Erica Hill pitched a five-hitter with 12 strikeouts to pace East Lyme to its 7-2 win over NFA in the ECC Large. Samantha Horner had a double and triple for East Lyme (3-0, 2-0) and Sarah Bond and Morgan Lloyd each had two hits, including a double. Melissa Castillo and Samantha DeVito both doubled for the Wildcats (2-2, 0-2).
• Jaime Dahl had two hits and drove in two runs, leading Waterford to a 6-1 win over Bacon Academy in an ECC Large Division game. Elaina Sullivan, Kate Haff and Talia Rickerson also had two hits each for Waterford (2-1, 2-0) and Tori VanCleave (2-1) and Kazi Walker combined to pitch a four-hitter.
• Jessica Monday had two singles and scored a run in Ledyard's 7-1 loss to Griswold in the ECC Medium. The Colonels fell to 2-2, 1-1. Nycole Sylvestre and Sydne Ondreicka each had a single and an RBI for the Wolverines (1-3, 1-1).
• Abbey Weber had two hits, including a triple, with two RBI and two runs as Killingly beat New London, 11-4, in the ECC Medium. Haley Brennan had two hits, including a solo home run, and four RBI for New London (0-4, 0-2).
• Jackie Lewis went 3-for-4 to highlight a 14-hit attack, as Fitch beat Woodstock, 4-3, in the ECC Large. Joscelyn Amar and Alesha Mancini each had a single and double while Katherine Georgetti had two hits and two RBI for the Falcons (2-2, 1-1). Haley Flax was the winning pitcher.
• Kerrie Bellerose had a double in Norwich Tech's 15-6 loss to Cheney Tech in Constitution State Conference action. The Warriors fell to 0-3 overall.
• Amanda Overton had a single, two doubles and three RBI to power Grasso Tech past Prince Tech, 28-6, in the CSC East. Naomi Munton had a single, double and three RBI while Tabitha Ford had a double and three RBI and Abigail Soriano added a double and two RBI for the Eagles (3-1, 2-0).