- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Maria Theiler had four goals and one assist to lead St. Bernard School to a wild 11-10 girls' lacrosse win over Waterford in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division game Thursday.
Danielle Guthrie added three goals and an an assist for the Saints (2-1, 2-0) while Shannon Amarello had two goals and one assist and Anne Foley had one goal and two assists.
Mackenzie Potter led Waterford (2-2, 0-2) with four goals while Amanda Kumpitsch and Julie Cabot each scored twice.
In other games:
• Michelina Pinto scored five goals while Susannah Lucey had three goals and three assists in Fitch's 16-14 win over Bacon Academy in the ECC Large Division.
Daria McKenna added three goals and one assist for the Falcons (3-1, 1-0) while Sarah Giblin had two goals and one assist.
• Ledyard jumped out to an 8-1 halftime lead and beat Wheeler, 13-4, in the ECC Small. Liz Austin scored three goals while Ericka Jenkins had three goals and assist and Michaela Holland and Stephanie Perry each had two assists for the Colonels (1-2, 1-0). Marley Robert had two goals and an assist while Madison Jones and Kori Hensley each had a goal for the Lions (0-3, 0-2).
• Jill Bartlett had four goals while Kiki Ryan and Gabby Fiengo each had two in East Lyme's 14-11 loss to Daniel Hand. Ryan added two assists for the Vikings (1-2). The game was suspended in the second half on Wednesday due to severe weather and continued Thursday.
• Hannah Long scored five goals and had two assists while Ellie Swanson added four goals in Norwich Free Academy's 15-6 win over Woodstock Academy in the ECC Large. Sam Trombley and Megan Gada each had two goals for the Wildcats (2-2, 1-1).
• Old Lyme rallied from a 6-5 deficit in the final 2:30 to pull out a 7-6 win over Morgan in the Shoreline Conference. Sloane Sweitzer scored the game-tying goal and Allie Buckley had the game-winner with five seconds remaining. Sammi Beers finished with four goals and Buckley also had three assists while goalie Meridith Britton made 14 saves for the Wildcats (2-1, 2-0).
• Kyle Ton had three goals and four assists to help pace NFA to an 18-7 win over Woodstock in the ECC Large. Steven Makowicki had four goals and two assists for NFA (1-2, 1-1) and Nick Ladyga added a goal and five assists. Turner Moss added 13 assists.
• Waterford scored six unanswered goals in the second half to beat St. Bernard, 10-4, in the ECC Small. Ryan Brouwer had four goals and an assist while Michael Beltran had two goals and two assists and Jeff Gran scored twice for the Lancers (1-3, 1-1). Eric Brown had two goals and Peter Stanners and Garrett Gralton also scored for the Saints (1-1, 0-1).
• Ian Bond scored three goals and Andrew Singer added two in Fitch's 18-7 loss to Bacon Academy in the ECC Large. Tim Drake and Grayson Rueling also scored and Mike Semancik made 27 saves for the Falcons (1-3, 0-1).