- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Old Lyme - Pinch-runner Cameron Dean-Frazier scored the game-winning run on a passed ball with one out in the bottom of the seventh inning to give Old Lyme High School a 2-1 win over Haddam-Killingworth in a Shoreline Conference baseball game Monday afternoon.
Slater Gregory (3-0) pitched a five-hitter and also singled and had an RBI for the Wildcats (5-1, 4-1), while Matt Przybysz singled and scored. H-K is 3-2.
• Morgan Lloyd's bases-loaded triple highlighted a seven-run first inning as unbeaten East Lyme defeated Montville 14-1. Madison Horner had two doubles and three runs for the Vikings (5-0) and Erica Hill allowed three hits in five innings and struck out nine. Montville is 3-2.
• Samantha DeVito went 3-for-3 with an RBI and also was the winning pitcher as Norwich Free Academy beat St. Bernard 7-3. Caitlyn Dubreuil went 2-for-2 with two runs for NFA (3-2) and Emily Arico added two hits, including a double, with a run and an RBI. Shoshana Berkman went 2-for-3 with two runs for St. Bernard (0-4).
• Theresa and Mallory Kane each had three hits, two RBI and two runs scored for Stonington in a 12-0 victory over Killingly in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. Theresa Kane added a triple. Katie Headley had two hits, including a home run, and five RBI for Stonington (5-0, 2-0) and Andrea Chiaradio struck out 11.
• Nicole Teixeira had four hits, including three doubles, with four RBI and three runs as Grasso Tech beat Norwich Tech 28-10 in a Constitution State Conference East Division game called after five innings due to the mercy rule. Tabitha Ford had two hits and three RBI for Grasso (4-1). Alexis Paul had two hits and an RBI for Norwich Tech (0-5).
• Tori VanCleave pitched a five-hitter with nine strikeouts as Waterford beat Coginchaug 7-3. Sara Buscetto had three hits and two RBI for Waterford (4-1) and Jaime Dahl had two hits.
• Jackie Lewis had a single, triple, home run and four RBI to power Fitch past Plainfield 17-4. Mackenzie Aldridge had two doubles and Olivia Knotts had two triples and an RBI while Sophie Clark had a triple and three RBI for the Falcons (2-2).
• Adam Verhoeff, Jenner Foster, Rudy Harvey and James Burris won singles matches, leading Williams past St. Thomas More 7-0.
• Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty, Willie Dong and Nathan Waters each won singles matches as Waterford (5-0, 3-0) beat Windham 7-0 on Saturday in the ECC Medium.
• The Old Lyme girls placed second in the first varsity race during a regatta against Taft and Greenwich Academy on Bantam Lake. Greenwich beat the Old Lyme team of Hannah Paynter, Arielle Sherman-Golembeski, Isabelle Foster and Kaitlin Kohlar and coxswain Hannah DeBruyn by 6.5 seconds. Old Lyme was third in the second varsity race.
• Nolan Gallagher and Tyler Babkiewich each had three hits in Coast Guard's 7-5 win over Springfield in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference. With the win, the Bears (19-11, 9-6) clinched a spot in the conference tournament. Reliever Kyle Wood pitched six solid innings to earn the win for Coast Guard.
• Mitchell College gave Regis its toughest match of the New England Collegiate Conference season before losing 5-4. Regis senior Mouhamed Diallo earned the deciding point with a hard-fought win at No. 5 singles over junior Randy Coons, 7-6 (7-2), 7-5. Mitchell's No. 1 doubles duo of Zachary Simmons and Graham Cavanaugh won their match for Mitchell (4-5, 3-4). Regis is 7-8, 7-0.