H.S. tennis: NFA boys edge New London 4-3
Norwich - Norwich Free Academy swept all four of its singles matches to beat New London, 4-3, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' tennis match Monday.
Jacob Hensch, Aaron Lord, Zachary Peter and Kenny Wen all won in two sets for the Wildcats (3-2, 2-2).
The doubles teams of Seth Lake and Collin Sawyer, Bahaa and Wasaam Hoda, and C.J. Parker and Zavier Veliz won for the Whalers (1-4, 0-3).
In other matches:
• A win 6-4, 6-4 win by the No. 1 doubles team of Doug Schweid and Mitchell Edwards secured Stonington's 4-3 win over Windham in the ECC Medium Division. The Bears (3-2, 2-1) also picked up straight-set singles wins from John Sogerboe, Alan Carroll and Avery Oefinger.
• Suryansh Patel, Nick Hotary, Benjamin Biondi and Nipun Hewage won singles' matches and East Lyme defeated Fitch, 7-0, in the ECC Large Division. Matthew Chan and Charley Ben, Albert Chen and Davis Ping and Unni Kurumbail and Matthew Lin won in doubles for the Vikings (6-0, 4-0). Fitch is 4-3, 1-2.
• Alan Luner, Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Willie Dong won in singles and Waterford defeated Ledyard 7-0, to remain unbeaten. Tucker Murphy and Brett Pias, James Maryeski and Sean Ryan and Trey Zaharek and Adam Howard won in doubles for the Lancers (7-0, 5-0). Ledyard is 3-2, 2-1.
• NFA swept all three doubles matches on the way to a 6-1 win over New London in the ECC Large Division.
NFA (3-2, 2-2) also picked up singles wins from Jillian Stevenson, Angela Flores-Alcade and Haley Riley while Lilliam James won at No. 2 singles for the Whalers (0-5, 0-3).
• Nisha Rajamohan, Lauren Rahr, Lexi Moger and Nora Sullivan won singles' matches and Waterford defeated Ledyard, 7-0 in the ECC Medium Division. Jessie Hudson and Kate Lewis, Lily O'Hara and Phoebe Lee and Francisca Secor and Jessica Li won in doubles for the Lancers (6-1, 4-1). Ledyard is 2-3, 1-2.
• Stonington remained unbeaten by blanking Windham, 7-0, in the ECC Medium Division. Mollie Kam, at No. 4 singles, and Meg Rolfe and Emily Gardner, at No. 2 doubles, didn't lose a game for the Bears (7-0, 4-0).
• No. 4 singles player Julia Sokolovska won a tiebreaker 12-7 to determine the third set whie the No. 3 doubles team of Rachel Sullivan and Julie Tan won a 15-13 tiebreaker to win their match, highlighting East Lyme's 7-0 win over Fitch in the ECC Large Division. The Vikings are 5-1, 4-0 while Fitch is 3-3, 1-2.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES