H.S. Roundup: Fitch girls outlast Stonington in lacrosse
Groton — Daria McKenna had five goals and had three assists to lead Fitch High School to a 14-12 win over Stonington Saturday in girls' lacrosse.
Krystal Czapek, Sarah Giblin and Chloe Taylor each scored twice, Susannah Lucey, Michelina Pinto and Czapek had two assists each and Caity Noel made 16 saves for Fitch (6-2-1).
Emily Cassata had six goals and Kat Chambers and Jenny Sieczkiewicz each scored twice for the Bears (5-3).
In other games:
• Meg Corcoran had three goals and three assists as Simsbury beat East Lyme, 18-10. Jill Bartlett had three goals and four assists for East Lyme (4-3) and Kristen Walter had three goals.
• Williams School lost to Falmouth Academy 9-7. Maddie Lahm had three goals and an assist, Lili Goldberg scored three times, Zoe Moffett had two assists and Maggie Hillegass scored for Williams.
• Ryan Brouwer scored four goals to lead Waterford to a 10-6 win over RHAM in a nonleague game. Dillon McCarthy, Jeff Gran and Billy Barrs each scored twice, James Auclair made nine saves and Mack Ryan had two assists for Waterford (4-4).
• Eric Brown had five goals and two assists, sparking St. Bernard to a 13-3 win over Haddam-Killingworth in a nonleague game. Pete Stanners scored four goals and had three assists, Nick Kane had four goals and an assist and Garrett Gralton made 24 saves for St. Bernard (2-6).
• Hamden Hall scored six goals in the third period and pulled away for a 13-8 win over Williams School. Xavier Mills had five goals and an assist, Jack Fader had four assists and Charles Maynard, Tony Reiser and Andrew Bronk each scored once for Williams.
• Stonington lost to Hand of Madison 9-5 in a nonleague game. Dan Riordan, Nick Balestracci and Tyler Grills had two goals each and Will Iorio had three assists for Stonington (7-2).
• Waterford improved to 9-0, beating Killingly 7-0 in a nonleague match. Alan Luner, Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Willie Dong won singles matches, losing only one game.
• Williams School rolled past Marianapolis Prep 7-0. Sam Buffum, Jon Powell, Adam Verhoeff and Jenner Foster won singles matches for the Blues.
• Erica Hill pitched a two-hitter as East Lyme beat Sport Sciences 7-0 in a nonleague game.
Samantha Horner had a two-run double and Kaylie Crosby, Morgan Lloyd and Sydney Swanson also doubled for the Vikings (9-1).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES