- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Thomas Jankowski stole home with the bases loaded and no outs in the bottom of the ninth inning Friday, giving the Norwich Tech baseball team a 4-3 win over O'Brien Tech of Ansonia in the Constitution State Conference.
Bryce Bedard had two hits, two RBI and scored for Norwich Tech (10-4) and Eddie Santiago went 2-for-3, including an RBI double. Jankowski also had two hits.
In other games:
• Ian Li continued St. Bernard's string of quality pitching performances, allowing five hits and striking out 10 in a complete-game effort as the Saints topped Griswold 7-4 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division.
Willie Rios had three hits, including two doubles, three RBI and a run scored for St. Bernard (12-2, 7-0), while James Foti had a hit and two runs scored. Li is 3-0.
• Ledyard and Chris Turner beat Montville for the second time this season, winning the ECC Medium Division game 6-5. Turner pitched a nine-hitter with six strikeouts and two walks.
Kavan Jakuba was 3-for-4 with a double and Turner had two hits for Ledyard (7-7, 4-3). Buddy Dewaine (two runs), Jordan Volpe and Joseph Brachas had two hits each for Montville (9-5, 3-4).
• Kyle Willoughby had three hits to lift Waterford past New London 10-3 in the ECC Large Division. Connor Lewis earned the victory on the mound for Waterford (11-3, 5-2), which took advantage of five New London errors. Isaias Cruz had three hits and Gabriel Diaz a single and a triple for New London (6-7, 2-5).
• Drew Watson had three doubles and drove in four runs, leading Williams School to a 13-4 win over St. Thomas More in a SENE game. Aaron Hosking pitched a six-hitter for the victory and Andy Meagher, Watson and Hosking had three hits each for Williams (4-7, 2-4). Mark Fitzgerald had two hits for St. Thomas More (0-8, 0-4).
• Cole Tretter pitched a three-hitter to lead East Lyme to a 5-3 win over Norwich Free Academy in an ECC Large Division game.
Tretter struck out 10 with three walks. Matt Gillespie (double), Anthony Carambot (two runs) and Dean Beebe had two hits each for East Lyme (10-5, 4-3). Chance Gendron tripled for NFA (8-6, 4-3).
• Aaron Hill had two hits, including a double, with three runs and three RBI as Fitch trounced Woodstock Academy 11-1 in the ECC Large. David Porter allowed four hits over six innings with an earned run and eight strikeouts for the Falcons (13-2, 6-1).
Also, Cooper Robinson had two hits, including a double, with two runs and two RBI and Porter singled, scored and drove in two runs.
• Slater Gregory pitched a complete-game shutout, allowing four hits, as Old Lyme defeated Westbrook 6-0 in the Shoreline Conference. Ross Golebiewski added three hits and scored twice for Old Lyme, which scored four runs in the fourth inning to take a 5-0 lead.
• Mike Dellaporta was 3-for-4 with a double and a run scored in Wheeler's 6-4 loss to Tourtellotte in the ECC Small Division. Kevin Knowles added two hits, two RBI and a run scored for Wheeler (4-7, 2-5).
• Grasso Tech lost to Goodwin Tech of New Britain 5-3 in a CSC East Division game. Brian Cespedes (double) and Mitch Pavao had two hits each for Grasso (6-8, 6-5).