- Living Their Faith
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme - East Lyme High School scored six goals in the third quarter and held on for a 9-7 boys' lacrosse victory over Newtown on Saturday.
Nick Geary had two goals and three assists to lead the Vikings (9-1), while Mitchell Andres and Adam Opsahl each scored twice, Evan Long had a goal and an assist and Brandon Page had two assists.
In other games:
• Kyle Ton and Joey Mitchell each had two goals and two assists to lead Norwich Free Academy past Bacon Academy 9-8 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Logan Morin added two goals for NFA (3-9, 2-3), while Steven Makowicki had a goal and two assists.
• Old Lyme scored three goals in fourth quarter to beat Waterford 9-6. Jacob Fenton led the Wildcats with three goals and two assists while Henry Hunt, Eric Behringer and Devon Byrne each scored twice. Ryan Brouwer had two goals and an assist for Waterford (4-7) and Jeff Gran added two goals.
• Kiki Ryan had eight goals and five assists to lead East Lyme to an 18-10 road victory over Northwest Catholic. The Vikings (7-3) broke the game open in the second half when they scored 11 goals. Jill Bartlett added four goals and three assists, while Lindsay Schneider had two goals and two assists and Caeleigh Jennings had two goals and one assist.
• Catie Quaratella scored four times for Old Lyme, which led throughout the game on the way to a 13-9 victory over Bunnell of Stratford. Sloane Sweitzer added three goals and two assists for Old Lyme (7-3) and Fiona Barrett and Sammi Beers scored two goals each. Bunnell is 2-8.
• Molly Beck and Kori Salvietti scored six goals apiece to lead Old Saybrook past Waterford 15-4. Julia Peay, McKenzie Potter, Julie Chabot and Jacey Miller each scored a goal for Waterford (4-6).