- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
North Branford - Catie Quaratella had five goals and two assists and Sloane Sweitzer scored five goals as Old Lyme High School rallied for a wild 18-17 victory over North Branford in a Shoreline Conference girls' lacrosse match Tuesday night.
Sammi Beers added three goals and two assists for the Wildcats (8-3, 5-2) while Fiona Barrett scored three goals and Alston Rountree added two.
In other games:
• Kerrie Gardner and Elle Phetteplace each had four goals and Michaela Holland added two goals and two assists to lift Ledyard past Wheeler, 13-7, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division. Ericka Jenkins and Leslie Dunn chipped in one goal and one assist apiece and Liz Austin also scored for the Colonels (4-8, 3-2). Jess Muller scored all seven goals for Wheeler (0-8, 0-5) while Rachel Luce, Marley Robert and Jess Gray each had one assist.
• Nicole McComic and Sarah Coiro each scored two goals to lift Waterford past St. Bernard, 7-5, in the ECC Small. Mckenzie Potter, Mady LeBeau and Julia Peay each had one goal and Brooke Battista made 10 saves for the Lancers (5-6, 2-3). Maria Theiler had two goals and Anne Foley, Danielle Guth and Asia Carter each had one for the Saints (4-8, 3-3).
• Maddie Lahm scored seven goals to help lead the Williams School to a 14-13 win over Providence Country Day Monday. Catie Beggins had four goals and Zoe Moffett and Maggie Hillegass had a goal and two assists each.
• Ryan Brouwer score four goals and Jeff Gran and Andrew Nassetta had three each as Waterford beat St. Bernard 15-4 in the ECC Small Division. Mike Beltran had two goals, Gran had three assists, Nassetta had two assists and James Auclair (six) and Taylor Huta combined for eight saves for Waterford (5-7, 2-3). St. Bernard is 3-8, 2-4.
• Howie Kilpatrick scored the game-winning goal with 26 seconds left as Bacon Academy beat Fitch 15-14 in the ECC Large Division. Grayson Reuling scored five goals, Rob Watts had four goals, Andrew Singer had three goals and two assists and Ian Bond had four assists and a goal for Fitch (6-7, 2-3).
• Adam Opsahl had three goals in East Lyme's 10-8 loss to Glastonbury. Mitchell Andres added a goal and two assists while Nick Geary had a goal and four assists and Evan Long, Andrew Bernard and Nic Page also scored for the Vikings (9-2).