Login  /  Register  | 3 premium articles left before you must register.

City man charged in Norwich stabbing

By Greg Smith

Publication: theday.com

Published May 09. 2013 5:00PM   Updated May 09. 2013 11:30PM
Norwich Police Department
Samuel Santos Sr.

Norwich - Police have charged a 39-year-old Norwich man with first-degree assault in connection with a stabbing last month that left a man with severe facial lacerations.

Samuel Santos Sr., of 9 Beckwith St., turned himself into police Thursday morning after learning of a warrant for his arrest.

The arrest was the result of a lengthy investigation conducted by Detective Darren Powers into the April 4 stabbing of a man on Baltic Street, in the area of Broad Street.

The victim of the stabbing was released from The William W. Backus Hospital after being treated for cuts to his face. The incident does not appear to be a random act of violence, police said. Further arrests are anticipated.

Santos was arraigned at Norwich Superior Court Thursday and ordered held in lieu of a $100,000 bond. He is due back in court on May 24.

Anyone with information regarding any criminal activity in the City of Norwich is encouraged to call the Norwich Police Department at (860) 886-5561 or the anonymous tip line at (860)886-5561 ext. 500.

News by Town

Most Recent Poll
Should the Guantanamo prison be closed?
No. I believe that information from detainees has saved American lives.
29%
Yes. Pres. Obama said this week that the prison is contrary to who we are and I agree.
19%
No. Keeping the prison running means there are fewer people out there who want to harm Americans and our allies.
30%
What's the wait? Pres. Bush announced he wanted to close it. Obama campaigned on the issue. Why hasn't it happened yet?
15%
I don't know. All of these choices are black and white and don't represent how I feel.
7%
Number of votes: 1524

No current items found