- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Woodstock - East Lyme High School clinched at least a tie for the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Divisioni girls' lacrosse title Thursday with a 22-3 win over Woodstock Academy.
Kiki Ryan had five goals and four assists for the Vikings (10-3, 6-0), who can win the title outright with a win over Fitch at home on Tuesday night, while Jill Bartlett and Caroline Gonsalves each had three goals and Caroline Regan had two goals and two assists.
In other girls' games:
• McKenzie Potter had three goals and three assists as Waterford beat Ledyard, 17-11, in the ECC Small Division.
The Lancers' win gave Stonington a share of the division title even though the Bears lost to St. Bernard, 11-10.
Riley Dimmock and Julia Peay each had four goals and an assist for Waterford (6-6, 3-3).
Ellie Phetteplace scored six times for the Colonels (4-9, 3-3) and Michaela Holland added three goals and two assists.
• Chloe Taylor scored four times as Fitch beat Norwich Free Academy, 13-11, in the ECC Large. Susannah Lucey, Daria McKenna and Michelina Pinto each had two goals and an assist for Fitch (8-2-1, 4-1-1). Hannah Long had five goals for the Wildcats (7-5-1, 3-3-1) and Kamryn Grace added three goals.
• Evan Long had four goals and three assists as East Lyme clinched at least a share of the ECC Large Division title with a 17-1 win over Woodstock. Mitchell Andres, Erik Aarsand and Mark Wojcik all had two goals and an assist for the Vikings (10-2, 6-0), who can win the title outright with a win over Fitch at home on Monday night.
• Steven Makowicki had five goals and an assist, powering NFA past Fitch 14-8 in the ECC Large. Ben Galligan had three goals, while Kyle Ton and Nick Ladyga each had two and Joey Mitchell and Logan Morin added one apiece for the Wildcats (5-9, 4-3). Ian Bond had four goals and two assists, while Grayson Rueling had three goals and Jordan Moriarty added one for Fitch (6-8, 2-4).
• Kevin Kolhepp had a goal and three assists as Ledyard edged Waterford 6-5 in the ECC Small. Connor Wilt had two goals for Ledyard (9-4, 4-1) and Paul Bossardet added 14 saves. Ryan Brouwer had three goals for Waterford (5-8, 2-4) and Andrew Nassetta and Mack Ryan each scored once.
• Tyler Grills scored three goals for Stonington in a 16-4 victory over St. Bernard in the ECC Small Division. Zach Poirier, Nick Balestracci, Jack Riordan, Nick Hermann, Jack Meagher and Dan DeDominicis scored two goals each for Stonington (10-3, 5-0) and Will Iorio finished with a goal and four assists. Eric Brown had two goals and an assist for St. Bernard (3-9, 2-5).