- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Joseph Brachas pitched a complete game with five strikeouts Friday leading the Montville High School baseball team to a 6-0 win over Waterford.
Jordan Volpe went 3-for-3 with two RBI for the Indians (12-5) and Brandon Haas had two hits and an RBI.
Waterford is 13-4.
In other games:
• Miguel Miranda had two hits, including a double, with three runs and three RBI as New London downed Windham 13-8 and qualified for the CIAC Class L tournament. Joshua Vincent pitched a complete game and struck out nine for New London (8-8).
• Ryan Duclos' RBI single scored Kevin Tufo with the go-ahead run in the bottom of the sixth inning as Bacon Academy edged Norwich Free Academy 2-1. Devin Robbins, who pitched a complete game with 66 pitches for NFA (8-8), also tied the game at 1 with a single in the fifth. That hit scored Eddie Gates, who doubled to break up a perfect game by Bacon pitcher Trey Geisman. Bacon is 13-2.
• Eddie Santiago pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings and Norwich Tech defeated Gilbert of Winsted 1-0. Santiago also scored the game's run for the Warriors (11-4) while Bryce Bedard and Tommy Jankowski had two hits apiece.
• Austin Toback went 4-for-5 and scored two runs, lifting East Lyme to a 10-2 win over Ledyard. Connor Elliott tripled and drove in three runs for the Vikings (11-7). Cole Tretter struck out 11 and was the winning pitcher.
• Bryan Cespedes and Carl Willis combined on a no-hitter and Grasso Tech defeated Whitney Tech of Hamden 15-1. Cespedes struck out five in three innings and Willis struck out six. Ed Centeno scored four runs and stole three bases for the Eagles (7-8) and Ryan Huston had three RBI.
• David Porter struck out 14 in a complete-game, four-hitter as Fitch blanked Stonington 23-0 late Thursday. Aaron Hill was 4-for-5 with a double, a triple, four runs scored and four RBI for Fitch (16-2) and Pete Aldrich was 3-for-5 with four runs scored and five RBI. Stonington is 10-7.