- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Groton - Tyler Boyd, the reigning New England Collegiate Baseball League Player of the Week, drove in three runs Wednesday night to lead the Mystic Schooners to a 5-3 win over the Laconia Muskrats.
Joel Rosencrance (St. Bonaventure) and Garrett Kennedy (Miami) each singled and scored a run and Boyd (Seton Hall) had two singles for the Schooners (6-2).
Cole Bryant (SCSU) improved to 2-0, allowing six hits and three runs over seven innings. Waterford's A.J. Turnier (SCSU) earned his first save of the season. Turnier struck out two in two innings.
American Legion Zone VI
• Joey Brachas pitched a four-hitter with six strikeouts as Montville beat Moosup, 6-1. Brandon Haas had three hits and two runs for Montville (4-1) and Tyler Miner had two hits and three RBI. Buddy Dewaine added two hits, including an RBI double.
• Danielson beat Norwich 10-0 in a game that ended in the sixth inning on a mercy rule. Thomas Pietruczek doubled for Norwich (1-3).
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Waterford scored six times in the sixth inning to beat Ledyard, 10-4. The game was tied 4-4 when Waterford pulled ahead in the sixth. Matt Johnson and Trey Zaharek each had two RBI for Waterford and Nate Waters had three hits and three stolen bases. Branden Medina and Zack Willis each had two hits for Ledyard.
Tigers fall to Spinners
• Kendrick Perkins went 4-for-4 with three RBI, leading the Lowell Spinners to a 5-1 win over the Connecticut Tigers in the New York-Penn League.
Brett Harrison was 2-for-3 with a double and Curt Powell drove in a run for the Tigers (0-2). Manuel Margot had two hits for Lowell (2-0).
• Phil Perry of Black Hall Club and Nick Torrance of Lake of Isles were both eliminated from the Connecticut Amateur Championship at the New Haven Country Club.
Both fell in the round of 32 with Perry losing Paul Schaeffer of Rockledge Country Club, 2 and 1. Torrance lost to Patrick Griffin of Blue Fox Run, also 2 and 1.
District 10 LL softball (11-12)
• Ashlee Hancock pitched a no-hitter as Waterford North beat Colchester 10-0. Hancock struck out six in four innings.
Kayla Job had two hits and Cassidy Susi doubled for Waterford North.
• Chloe McCue, Julianna Bonilla and Molly Reagan had three hits each as Waterford South beat Groton 21-11. Reagan was also the winning pitcher, striking out seven.