- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
• Jared Burrows had a double and a triple and Anthony Tonucci and Robert Zawacki each had two hits as Waterford South beat Groton 8-1 on Saturday. Burrows and Mike Marelli combined to pitch a two-hitter. Owen Codere added a triple for Waterford South and Gabe Amar had a double for Groton.
• Ryan O'Connell hit a home run as Waterford North beat Pawcatuck-North Stonington 10-0 in five innings. Ryan Bakken added two doubles and a triple for Waterford North, Trey Brennan had two hits and Joe Lathrop, Brendan O'Kane and Trevor D'Amico had extra-base hits. Bowen Baker had a single and a double for Pawcatuck/North Stonington.
• Cam McGugan pitched a complete game as Mystic defeated Lyme-Old Lyme 8-1. McGugan allowed six hits, striking out three and walking one. Timmy Lynch led the Mystic offense with three hits, two RBI and two runs. Jason Erb had two doubles and McGugan two hits. Mike Milazzo had two hits, including a double, and Tait Sawden doubled for Lyme-Old Lyme.
• Alex Fraser had four hits, including a double, and scored three times as East Lyme defeated Montville 12-2. Ben Orefice had a double, triple, home run, scored three times and drove in five runs for East Lyme and Jamie Westcott, Dan Allard and Kyle Feeney each had three hits. Andrew Benoit doubled and scored a run, while Chris Cullen had two doubles for Montville.
• Luke Sokolski pitched 4 2/3 innings and Jared Burrows closed it out as Waterford South beat East Lyme 5-2 on Friday. Sokolski, Burrows, Ben Jerome, Robert Zawacki, Owen Codere, Zach Fayan, and Sam Lanuza all had hits for Waterford South. Daniel Allard had two hits for East Lyme.
• Mystic survived a late Pawcatuck rally to win 8-6 on Friday. Colin Anderson pitched 5 1/3 innings for the win and Owen Ash got the final two outs for Mystic. Mystic built a 7-0 lead with two runs in the first on an RBI double by Nick Carney and five more in the fourth on RBI singles by Cam McGugan, Jason Erb and Anderson, and made it 8-2 in the sixth before Pawcatuck scored four in the bottom of the sixth. Dorian White had two hits for Pawcatuck.
• Groton defeated Montville 6-5 on Wednesday night, breaking a 5-5 tie on the sixth when Sam Lambert's double scored Gabe Amar. Lambert and Noah Bautista combined for five hits and three RBI for Groton.
• Rachel Nasser, Rachel Miller and Gina McKittrick combined for a one-hitter in Waterford South's 11-2 victory over Lyme-Old Lyme. Taylor Lee had two hits for Waterford South.
• Pawcatuck squeaked by New London 12-11 on Friday, scoring nine runs in the bottom of the sixth. Sarah Flakus hit the game-winning double for Pawcatuck and Tori LoPresto earned the win in relief. LoPresto led Pawcatuck with three hits and Flakus and Maggie Constantine had two hits apiece.
• East Lyme defeated Colchester 10-5 Friday behind a one-hit, nine-strikeout pitching performance from Angie Venditti. Venditti also went 3-for-4 with two doubles and Mya Delesdernier and Olivia Quagan had two hits each for East Lyme.