- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Nick Clemons drove in Nick Kinder in the bottom of the 11th inning to give Montville American Legion a 4-3 victory over Willimantic in a Zone VI game Wednesday night.
Clemons had three hits for Montville (14-2), which rallied from an early 3-0 deficit, and Chad Mooney pitched three innings of no-hit scoreless relief after Corey Wilcox had surrendered just one earned run through the first eight innings.
Willimantic is 12-6.
In other games:
• Doug Domnarski scattered four hits with 12 strikeouts as as Ledyard-Pawcatuck beat Danielson, 9-1. Jordan Kowalski had two hits, including a triple, and four RBI for Ledyard-Pawcatuck (7-7).
New York-Penn League
• Kendrick Perkins had two hits, four RBI and scored as the Lowell Spinners beat the Connecticut Tigers, 10-3, before 3,600 at Edward A. LeLacheur Park. Manuel Margot had two hits, including a double, with three runs and an RBI for the Spinners (9-6) and Aaron King went 3-for-4 with with a run and an RBI. Brett Harrison hit a two-run home run for the Tigers (4-12) and Dominic Ficociello had two hits, including a double, and an RBI.
• Alec Keller's RBI triple with two outs in the top of the seventh scored Adam Touhey for the go-ahead run as the New Bedford Bay Sox beat the Mystic Schooners, 9-5. Brandon Cipolla had two hits, including a two-run home run, for the Bay Sox (7-12). Ryan Plourde (Fairfield) went 3-for-4, including a solo home run, for the Schooners (10-8) and Matt Lopez went 3-for-4 with a run and an RBI.
• Eric Nicholson pitched a one-hitter as the Connecticut Bulldogs defeated the Panera Pirates 2-0 in the ECML on Tuesday night. Peter Gonski singled home both runs for the Bulldogs, making their ECML debut. The Pirates are 10-6.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Alex Vidakovic improved to 3-0, striking out eight over 5 1/3 innings as East Lyme defeated Tri-County III, 5-4. Lucas Sousa Ross added an RBI single for East Lyme (4-4) and Ben Keating had a double.
• Kyle McComic and Trey Zaharek combined to pitch a one-hitter with seven strikeouts in Waterford's 3-0 win over New London on Tuesday night. Griffin Beaney had an RBI single and Justin Pandolfe tripled for Waterford (10-1) while Tim Donahue had eight strikeouts for New London.
• Kendrick Boss allowed only two hits over 6 1/3 innings as New London defeated Tri-Town 5-2 on Tuesday night. Timmie Jackson had an RBI double for New London (9-0).