- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford - Jared Burrows drove in four runs to help lead Waterford South to an 8-4 win over Waterford North Sunday in the District 10 (9-10) Little League Baseball championship game.
The victory came in the final game of the best-of-three series. Waterford North won Friday's opener 5-2 before Waterford South evened the series with a 5-3 win Saturday.
Mike Marelli singled and doubled, Ben Jerome had two hits and Burrows singled and tripled for Waterford South. Luke Sokolski and Jordan Elci combined for the win, striking out eight batters.
Ryan O'Connell had two doubles and a single, Ryan Bakken singled and doubled and Connor Podeszwa had two singles for Waterford North.
District 6 Babe Ruth (15)
• Jeremy Santos and Michael Donovan each went 2-for-2 to help lead New London to an 11-0 win over Tri-County in a winners' bracket game. Quantique White was the winning pitcher.
• Waterford beat Ledyard 14-3 in a losers' bracket game. Michael Clapsadle and Ryan Miller were each 2-for-2 and Clapsadle was also the winning pitcher.
• Quantique White was 3-for-4 as New London beat Waterford 8-5 Saturday. Jeremy Santos was the winner and Jelani Lucas earned a save.
• Justin Marceau was 3-for-3, leading Groton to a 5-2 win over Ledyard Saturday. Hunter Nadeau was the winner and Del Blake got a save for Groton.
District 6 Babe Ruth (14)
• Waterford advanced to the championship round, beating New London 19-2. Justin Keating singled, doubled and scored twice and Adam Pinch had two singles and scored twice for Waterford. Mitchell Clapsadle, Tyler Howser and Mike Rocchetti combined to pitch a no-hitter for Waterford.
District 6 Babe Ruth (13)
• Collin Bakken pitched a six-hitter as Waterford advanced to the championship round with a 5-0 win over Tri-County in the winners' bracket. Alec Donahue doubled twice and scored twice, Brett Wood drove in two runs and T.J. McBride doubled for Waterford. Tommy Cotter pitched four shutout innings for Tri-County.
• Mystic beat East Lyme 8-7 in eight innings in a losers' bracket game. Ryan Koehler scored three runs and had two hits, Josh Georgetti had two hits and scored twice and Connor McCrea singled and doubled for Mystic. Kyle Ayers and David Vannase each scored twice for East Lyme.
District 10 Little League (10-11)
• Giovanni Valentine pitched a four-hitter with seven strikeouts as Mystic beat Waterford South 8-0 Saturday. Manish Rane-Castrodad doubled for Mystic and Avery Alganese had two hits for Waterford South.
Section II Little League (11-12)
• Pawcatuck-North Stonington beat Rocky Hill 16-2 Saturday in its state tournament opener Saturday. The game ended after five innings on a mercy rule. Trinity Lennon was the winning pitcher, striking out 10 with two walks and no earned runs. Lainnie Connor doubled, tripled, drove in four runs and scored three times, Abby Flakus singled, doubled, drove in three runs and scored twice and Colette Dreher and Erin Craig each had two hits, scored twice and drove in two runs for Pawcatuck-North Stonington.