H.S. soccer roundup: East Lyme girls blank Stonington 3-0
Pawcatuck - Meredith Moore scored a pair of goals as East Lyme High School remained unbeaten on the young season with a 3-0 victory over Stonington in a girls' soccer game Wednesday night.
Katie Christensen also scored for the Vikings (2-0) and goal Gaby Fiengo stopped five shots to earn the shutout.
Gabi Hoops had 15 saves for the Bears (1-2).
In other games:
• Abby McAdams and Maddy Campbell scored goals in Montville's 2-0 win over Norwich Free Academy. Sabrina Gennotti added an assist and goalie Stefanie Szot had five saves for the Indians (1-1-1). Rosa Conte had 11 saves for the Wildcats (0-2-1).
• Kelly Lamb scored both goals for Ledyard in a 2-0 victory over Killingly, keeping the Colonels unbeaten at 3-0. Both goals came in the second half, the first on an assist by Carley Loy in the 42nd minute and the second assisted by Savannah Johnson in the 49th minute. Goalie Austin Graber finished with seven saves for the shutout.
• Amber Heenan had six saves as Waterford played Bacon Academy to a scoreless tie in double overtime. The Lancers are 2-0-1. Kylie Frink had eight saves for the Bobcats.
• Shannon Sweeny had two goals and two assists as Plainfield beat Fitch, 4-1. Allyson Clarke scored for Fitch (0-3) and goalie Nicole Sexton had 12 saves.
• Izaak Miller had two goals to lead NFA past Ledyard, 4-1, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Michael Depolito and Andris Vital also scored for NFA (2-1, 2-0) and Jeremy Laferriere had three saves. Kevin McCarthy scored for the Colonels (1-3, 0-2) and Jake Skilbred made 12 saves.
• Brian Ji and Ji Wan Jung scored for Cheshire Academy in its 2-1 win over St. Thomas More. Luiz Dantes scored for T-More.
• Chris Collins made eight saves in the Williams School's 4-0 loss to Wheeler (R.I.). Four different players scored for Wheeler. The Blues fell to 0-3.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES