- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New London - Kingderly Thony scored two goals in the first half and New London High School went on to beat Lyman Memorial 3-0 Thursday in a nonleague boys' soccer game.
Wadlet Jean-Baptiste had a goal and an assist, Zavier Veliz and Thony had assists and Josh Vincent made three saves in goal for the Whalers (2-0).
In other games:
• Jeremiah Northcutt's first-half goal lifted East Lyme to a 1-0 win over Fitch in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Zach Kosakowski made four saves for East Lyme (1-0-1, 1-0) and Adam Jacey made seven saves for Fitch (3-1, 0-1).
• Ethan Murphy and Chandler Ray each had a goal and an assist as Stonington beat St. Bernard, 3-0. Thomas St. Rock scored and Matt Prue had an assist for the Bears (3-0-1). Ryan Dillon had four saves for the Saints (1-2).
• Grasso Tech lost to Parish Hill 8-1 in a Constitution State Conference game. Luis Latorre had a second-half goal for Grasso (0-4, 0-4).
• Teddy Tirado scored as Grasso Tech won its first game of the season, 1-0 over Windham Tech in the Constitution State Conference East Division. Tonia Johnson had 17 saves for Grasso (1-3).
• Allie Smith, Amy Roberts and Hannah Steinke scored goals for Holy Family/Norwich Tech in a 3-2 win over Platt Tech. Goalie Shelby Grauer made four saves for Holy Family/Norwich Tech (2-1-1).
• Molly Beck and Mary Kate Morrison scored goals as Old Saybrook edged Old Lyme, 2-1, in the Shoreline Conference. Sloane Sweitzer scored for Old Lyme (1-2-1) and Alston Rountree had the assist.
• Coast Guard Academy's Mark Guentern beat Ryan Sullivan 6-4, 6-2 in No. 1 singles, but the Bears lost to Holy Cross, 5-2. Robert Renfrow won the No. 2 singles match for Coast Guard.
Men's cross country
• Spencer Daniels placed ninth (26:41) for Mitchell College in a 15-45 loss to Wesleyan. Michael Edwards finished 10th (26:43.5) for Mitchell.
Women's cross country
• Sheilah Newcity finished ninth (22:52.2) as Mitchell lost to Wesleyan, 15-50. Katie Buchanan was 10th (22:58.7) for Mitchell.
Boys' cross country
• Justin Shafner finished second (17:21) and Ben Lahm third (17:42) as Williams finished second to Wheeler (R.I.) at the seven-team Providence Country Day Invitational on Wednesday. Brien Bradley finished seventh (18:09) and Adam Verhoeff was 14th (19:38) for Williams.
Girls' cross country
• Maddie Lahm was runnerup (28:39) as Williams placed third out of five teams at the Providence Country Day Invitational on Wednesday. Juli Brown was 13th (25:03) and Rachel Goldstein finished 17th (25:28) for Williams, which scored 82 points.