- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Woodstock — Connor Callaghan scored in the 34 minute off Vasili Fokaidis' corner kick and gave East Lyme High School a 1-0 win over Woodstock Academy on Wednesday to remain in first place in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
Zach Kosakowski had five saves for the Vikings (8-1-4, 6-0-2).
In other games:
• Bacon Academy beat Norwich Free Academy, 6-2, in the ECC Large and moved into a second-place tie with NFA. Both teams are 5-2-1 in the division. NFA is 8-3-1 overall.
• Dan Mewha headed in a corner with 1:30 left in regulation as Fitch tied Ledyard, 3-3, in the ECC Large. Frank Norosky scored twice for Fitch (6-6-1, 1-6-1) and Cooper Robinson had 12 saves. Ben Gill, Walter Factor and Mike Larmann scored for the Colonels (1-11-1, 0-7-1).
• Chris Tsang scored in the 62nd minute to lift Stonington past New London, 1-0, in the ECC Medium. Steven Zelepos had eight saves for Stonington (8-3-2, 5-2-1). Eddie Santiago had four saves for the Whalers (4-8, 1-7).
• Williams School and St. Andrew's played to a 1-1 draw in New London. Sotiraq Vangjeli, assisted by Andrew Meagher, scored in the second half for the Blues (1-7-3) and goalie Chris Collins made 16 saves.
• Cooper Clang, Emerson Flannery, and Steve Grabber scored for Lyman Memorial in its 3-0 win over St. Bernard in the ECC Small. Ryan Dillon had 15 saves for the Saints (2-10, 2-6).
• Jose Guardiano had two goals as Chase Collegiate edged St. Thomas More, 5-4. Luiz Dantas had two goals for T-More and Mauricio Chavez and Guy Shapiro both scored.
• Emily Kivela scored in the second overtime to give the Holy Family/Norwich Tech co-op a 2-1 win over Wilcox Tech in the Constitution State Conference. Amy Roberts scored for Holy Family (9-3-1) and Shelby Grauer had seven saves.
• Alyssa Samson had two goals and an assist as Ledyard downed Fitch, 4-2, in the ECC Large.
Savannah Johnson and Isabelle Mercer both scored for Ledyard (8-3-2, 4-2-2). Alyson Clarke scored twice for the Falcons (2-11, 0-8).
• Tara Watrous scored twice as Stonington beat New London, 5-0, in the ECC Medium. Gabby Silvia, Ella Rath and Sarah Thomas all scored for the Bears (7-6, 6-2). Jada Lucas had 14 saves for the Whalers (0-13, 0-8).
• Abby Smith had a goal and two assists as Williams tied Providence Country Day 3-3. Abby Xenelis added her first goal of the season for the Blues (2-5-2) while Paola Vangjeli also scored and Laura Welch added an assist.