- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Rick Koster offers weekly lists of ideas, notions and things that must be seen to be believed.
As a Large Person, I truly relish these gastronomic opportunities - so much so that, last December, quite taken with the exquisite aroma of a scented "Christmas Cookie" candle, I tried to eat it.
Which reminds me: do you have certain foods that always sound better than they really are? Let me know. In the meantime, here are five dishes that continually make me hungry when I think about them. But after a few bites, I remember that they're not as good as I want them to be.
1. Candy corn - like eating sweet wax
2. Pancakes - butter, syrup, and a soggy clump
3. Baked beans - brought to cookouts by people who can't make brisket and who then eat most of the brisket and leave their stupid beans - like it's a fair trade
4. Andy Capp's Hot Fries - just go ahead and put Tabasco sauce on styrofoam. It's the same thing
5. Mocha-Fudge Icebox Pie with Spiders - yes, it's an intriguing recipe. But ... spiders?!