Published November 11. 2013 9:00AM Updated November 11. 2013 9:14AM
Old Lyme — An elderly woman who died Sunday after she was badly burned in a Saturday night fire on Lyme Street has been identified as 95-year-old Carolyn M. McCarthy, a fire official said Monday.
Fire Marshal David Roberge said the fire was accidental and originated in the kitchen stove, which ignited McCarthy's clothes.
The fire was reported at around 8:25 p.m. Saturday at 7 Lyme St., a two-story condominium complex that is part of an association that includes Boxwood Apartments on the same street.
McCarthy was flown by Life Star helicopter to Bridgeport Hospital, where she died the next day because of her injuries.