Colchester - Jenna Schumacher scored 16 points, including the 1,000th of her career, as the East Lyme High School girls' basketball team topped Bacon Academy 43-34 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
Schumacher, also nearing the all-time program record of 1,186 points held by Liz Buckley, added 12 rebounds and two assists for the Vikings (2-1, 1-0). She hit the 1,000-point mark on a free throw in the second half.
"Jenna is a tremendous player and this is certainly an accomplishment she deserves," East Lyme coach Colleen Hardison said. "She works hard year-round at becoming a better player. Her teammates and I couldn't be more happy for her."
Bacon led 17-16 at halftime before East Lyme outscored the Bobcats 15-5 in the third quarter.
In other games:
• Hannah Behringer's layup with two seconds left lifted Old Lyme to a 49-48 win over Westbrook in the Shoreline Conference. Mary Cate Devlin had 12 points and 10 rebounds and Sloane Sweitzer had 11 points and 11 rebounds for Old Lyme (2-1, 2-1).
• Olivia DelGrosso had 13 points and Hannah Hutchins and Michelle Klinikowski added 12 each as Ledyard beat Fitch 56-29 in the ECC Large. Ledyard is 2-0, 1-0. Mackenzie Aldridge scored 11 points for Fitch (0-3, 0-1) and Taylor Wolfgang added seven.
• Cassidy Bundy had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lift Montville past Lyman Memorial 55-30. Jamie Hill added 14 points, hitting two 3-pointers for the Indians (3-0).
• Alyssa Velles had 16 points as Norwich Free Academy trounced Woodstock Academy 78-28 in the ECC Large. Haley Connelly scored 10 for NFA.
• Adrienne Lorange scored 21 to pace Plainfield past Waterford 66-53 in the ECC Medium. Madeline Lorange scored 14 for Plainfield. Shea Spellman scored 21 for Waterford (1-1, 0-1) and Vanessa Kobyluck had 12 points.
• Wheeler lost to Parish Hill 36-27. Kenzie Brayman had 10 points and Jess Muller had 10 rebounds for Wheeler (1-1).
• Troy Stefanski had 24 points and seven rebounds as Wheeler downed Putnam 81-65. Michael Dellaporta scored 23 for Wheeler and Jacob Raggon added 14 points and seven rebounds. Also, Andrew Swift scored 12.
• Willie Harris scored 29 points, leading Fitch to a 99-53 win over Stonington. Devante Anderson and Mario Graham had 15 points each for Fitch. Matt Donahue scored 24 and Riley Sorrento had 12 points for Stonington.
• Steven Fletcher scored 15 as St. Bernard beat Montville 51-45. Remy Bonser had 13 points for the Saints. Buddy Dewaine had 22 points for Montville and Pat Podeszwa scored 11.
• J'Quan Monroe scored 36 to lead Grasso Tech past Norwich Tech 60-47 at the Ellis Tech Holiday Tournament. Joseph Diaz scored 10 for Grasso. Mack Osias had 13 points for Norwich Tech and Tyriece Burke scored 12.
• Marcus Outlow led NFA with 24 points as it beat Kolbe Cathedral 53-44. Ramel Williams scored 12 for NFA.
• Chris Dahl made a go-ahead jumper with 12 seconds left as Westbrook edged Old Lyme 68-66 in the Shoreline Conference. Chris Dahl made all four of his 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and scored 31 for Westbrook. Jacob Ballachino had 20 points for Old Lyme and Josh Turkowski scored 12.