- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford - Seth Lake's 3-pointer as time expired Saturday night gave the New London High School boys' basketball team a 57-55 victory over Waterford in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division game at the newly dedicated Francis X. Sweeney Fieldhouse.
Lake and Collin Sawyer scored 15 points apiece for the Whalers (3-1, 2-0) who overcame an early nine-point deficit to lead by eight entering the fourth period.
Schneider Jean-Pierre's basket with 12.2 seconds remaining gave the Lancers (3-3, 1-1) a 55-54 lead.
Jean-Pierre led Waterford with 22 points.
In other games:
• Woodstock took a 23-5 lead after one quarter and went on to beat East Lyme 54-32 in an ECC Large Division game. Chris Lowry scored 15 and John McGinn had 13 points for Woodstock (5-1, 1-1). Dean Beebe led East Lyme (1-5, 0-2) with seven points.
• Jacob Ballachino scored 27 points in Old Lyme's 73-54 loss to undefeated East Hampton in the Shoreline Conference. The Wildcats (2-3, 1-3) trailed by 20 at halftime. The Bellringers are 5-0, 3-0.
• Troy Stefanski had 16 points and 10 rebounds while Jacob Raggon had 16 points and eight rebounds in Wheeler's 77-63 loss to Lyman Memorial in the ECC Small. Michael Dellaporta had 17 points and T.J. Condon added 13 for the Lions (1-4, 0-2).
• Olivia DelGrosso scored 16 points and Hannah Hutchinson added 11 points to lead Ledyard past New Milford, 50-25. Hannah Lawrence had seven rebounds and Ari Fustini had eight assists for the Colonels (5-1), who jumped out to an 18-4 lead in the first quarter.
• Cassidy Bundy scored 10 as Montville beat Plainfield, 38-25, in an ECC Medium game. Jamie Hill had nine points for Montville (5-3, 3-0).
• New London outscored Waterford 35-15 in the second and third quarters and went on to a 57-36 victory in an ECC Medium Division game. Lexus Childs-Harris had 14 points, Charee Osborne scored 13 and Deanna McCarvell had 11 points for New London (5-1, 3-0). Kelly Dugan led Waterford (3-4, 1-2) with 12 points.
• Colleen Durkee scored 11 points to lead East Lyme to a 45-28 win over Woodstock in the ECC Large Division. Hannah LaBeau scored eight and Jenna Schumacher had eight rebounds for East Lyme (6-2, 2-1).
• Alyssa Velles hit five 3-pointers and scored 26 points, lifting Norwich Free Academy past Fitch, 56-26, in the ECC Large. MacKenzie Burke added seven points for the Wildcats (7-1, 3-0). McKenzie Aldridge had 17 points for the Falcons (0-6, 0-3).
• Mackenzie Brayman scored 11 points in Wheeler's 53-40 loss to Lyman Memorial in the ECC Small. Katie Garcia added eight points for the Lions (2-5, 0-2).
• Hannah Behringer scored 13 points and Sloane Sweitzer added eight in Old Lyme's 49-30 loss to East Hampton in the Shoreline Conference. The Wildcats fell to 2-3, 2-3.