- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Stonington - The town is preparing to auction off seven properties on Feb. 3 because their owners have failed to pay their taxes.
Tax Collector Gisela Harma said the owners have not made payments for the past 18 months.
The tax sale is slated for 4:30 p.m. in Town Hall and the winning bidder must have 20 percent of the due taxes at the time of the sale. The balance is due within a week of the sale.
The properties, owners and amount due as of Oct. 31, 2013, are as follows:
• 248 Osbrook Point Road, 248 Osbrook Point LLC, $35,407.
• 29 W. Broad St., Coastal Associates, $7.809.
• 161 W. Broad St., Kim Haley, $5,402.
• 63 Rivercrest Drive, Frank Lussier and Greg Nostrand, co-trustees, $12,509.
• 15 Hickey Drive, Tim and Lisa Raiche, $10,054.
• 8 Richmond St., Anthony and Sandra Sanqueldolce, $9,506.
• 2-4 Mechanic St., Stephen Vacca, $3,948.
Harma said that typically most of the property owners pay their bills before the tax sale occurs.