- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Groton — Devante Anderson scored the game-winning basket at the buzzer off a pass from Willie Harris to lift Fitch past Plainfield 68-66 in high school boys' basketball action on Tuesday.
Anderson finished with 15 points, 15 rebounds and two blocks for the Falcons (2-4). Harris added 13 points, six rebounds and six assists while Marc Evans had 17 points and John Floyd had 12.
Ryan Pambuku scored 27 points for Plainfield.
In other games:
• Graham Fagerquist converted an offensive rebound off a missed free throw late in the game to give St. Bernard a three-point lead and the Saints went on to defeat Windham 60-54 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division.
The Saints (5-1, 3-0) won for the second straight night in the division thanks to Remy Bonser, who scored a team-high 15 points against the Whippets (2-2, 1-1).
Steven Fletcher added 14 points for St. Bernard and Anthony Malchiodi finished with 11.
• New London overcame an eight point first-quarter deficit and never trailed in the second half, beating Bacon Academy 77-73. Collin Sawyer converted seven 3-pointers and scored 29 points, while Nick Barner had 18 points and 10 rebounds, Josh Maynard 11 points and Seth Lake 13 for the Whalers (4-1).
• East Lyme rode a strong defensive effort to beat Killingly 42-35. Dean Beebe scored 12 points and Will Butler added eight for the Vikings (2-5).
• Ibo Rivera scored a game-high 16 points to lead Norwich Free Academy past Montville 58-35. Desmond D'Elia-Miller had 11 points and Marcus Outlow added 11 for the Wildcats (6-0). Patrick Podezwa led Montville (1-6) with 10 points.
• Darnay Gray had 18 points and Phyllip Thomas scored 17 as Ledyard beat Waterford 81-42. DeAnte Bruton scored 11 for Ledyard (3-2), which led 22-9 after the first quarter. Isaiah Jones and Jacob Mangual each scored nine for Waterford (3-4).
• Cheney Tech scored 21 points in the third quarter to pull away from Norwich Tech, 58-27 in the Constitution State Conference. Mack Osias scored eight points for Norwich Tech (2-3).
• Adam Converse had 18 points as Woodstock Academy beat Stonington 73-55. Chris Lowry scored 15 for Woodstock. Matt Donahue had 17 points for Stonington (1-5) and Riley Sorrento added 11 points.
• Kaevon Safford had 35 points to lead Tourtellotte to its 63-42 win over Wheeler and give head coach Tony Falzarano his 600th win. Troy Stefanski scored 13 for Wheeler (1-5, 0-3 ECC Small).
• Old Lyme fell in a 10-point hole in the first quarter and never recovered, dropping a 54-39 decision to Weston. Jacob Ballachino led the Wildcats (2-4) with 10 points.