H.S. boys' basketball roundup: Second-half surge lifts NFA in a close one
Norwich — Norwich Free Academy rallied from a six-point halftime deficit to defeat Bacon Academy 46-43 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' basketball game on Tuesday night.
The Wildcats (7-1, 2-1) trailed 26-20 at the break, but pulled to within 34-33 after three quarters and outscored Bacon 13-9 in the fourth.
Marcus Outlow and Desmond D'Elia-Miller scored 16 points apiece for NFA, while Isaiah Stewart led Bacon with 15.
In other games:
• Ledyard outscored East Lyme 49-7 over the second and third quarters to put away the Vikings 96-41 in the ECC Large Division. Leading 25-23 after one, the Colonels (5-2, 3-0) took control over the next 16 minutes. DeAnte Bruton scored 22 points for Ledyard, Khary Childs added 14 and Darnay Gray 13. Christian Brown led East Lyme (2-7, 0-3) with nine points.
• Collin Sawyer scored 27 points and C.J. Parker added 14, powering New London past Lyman Memorial 95-43. De'Vonta Robinson had 12 points and Seth Lake added 11 for the Whalers (6-1).
• Remy Bonser scored 22 of his game-high 33 points in the first half, including five 3-pointers, as St. Bernard built a 33-18 halftime lead and cruised to a 59-51 win over Stonington. Steven Fletcher added 12 points for the Saints (6-2) while Anthony Malchiodi and James Foti finished with 11 each. Matt Donahue had 25 points, including five 3-pointers, for Stonington (1-8) while Divante White finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds and Jack Dipollino added four assists.
• Will Bourgeois scored 22 points and added nine rebounds to lift Woodstock Academy past Fitch 72-43 in the ECC Large. Fitch's Willie Harris had 12 points and Marc Evans added 11. The Falcons are 3-5, 0-3.
• Terrell Witherspoon had 20 points and Buddy Dewaine added 18 in Montville's 72-66 loss to Griswold. Tom Podeszwa scored 15 points for the Indians (1-8).
• Norwich Tech jumped out to a 27-14 halftime lead on the way to a 57-29 win over Ellis Tech in the Constitution State Conference. Mike Froscello had 14 points while Tyriece Burke and Elijah Cook each added 10 points for the Warriors (3-4).
• J'Quan Monroe had 25 points in Grasso Tech's 97-52 loss to Hartford Classical. Joe Diaz added 10 points and Kevin Philibert had six for Grasso.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES