- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford - Vanessa Kobyluck scored 17 points as Waterford High School built an 11-point halftime lead and held on to beat St. Bernard, 51-44, in a girls' basketball game Friday night.
Shea Spellman added 14 points for the Lancers (6-5), who built a 29-18 halftime lead en route to winning their third straight game.
Brittney Walenta scored 15 points to lead the Saints (8-2) while Casey Sullivan finished with 10.
In other games:
• Jenna Schumacher scored 17 points and pulled down 10 rebounds as East Lyme rolled to a 63-35 victory over Fitch in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Jordan Venditto added 14 points, five assists and four steals for the Vikings (8-3, 3-2) and Carynn Bartolucci finished with 13 points, five steals and four assists. Taylor Wolfgang scored 10 points for the Falcons (2-9, 1-4), who were outscored 24-14 in the second quarter and never recovered.
• Cassidy Bundy scored 22 points and Jamie Hill added 13 in Montville's 48-31 win over Tourtellotte. Keena Fletcher had seven points and eight rebounds for the Indians (7-5). Tourtellotte fell to 8-3.
• Taty LaFrance-Boyce scored 22 points, leading Stonington to a 60-32 win over Griswold. Margot Calmar had 19 rebounds and 10 points, Megan Sartor scored 12 and Annie Knizeski had 10 rebounds for Stonington (9-3).
• Jess Muller had 13 points and 10 rebounds and Kylie Baker added 11 points and six rebounds in Wheeler's 58-32 loss to Plainfield. The Lions are 2-8.
• Deanna McCarvell scored 17 points and Charee Osborne had 14 in New London's 60-17 win over Windham. Jada Lucas had 11 points for the Whalers (9-2).
• Hannah Behringer scored 14 points, but Old Lyme dropped a 58-46 decision to Coginchaug in the Shoreline Conference. Abby Stone added nine points and Sloane Sweitzer eight for the Wildcats (4-5).
• Bullard-Havens routed Norwich Tech, 43-9, in the Constitution State Conference. April Littlefield had two points and five rebounds for the Warriors (3-8) and Elanna Sanon added seven rebounds.
• Wolcott Tech scored 24 points in the third quarter en route to a 56-47 win over Grasso Tech in the CSC. Tonia Johnson led the Eagles (2-7) with 13 points and Tabitha Ford added 12.