Published January 20. 2014 4:00AM
Today is a federal holiday observing the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. Here's what's open and what's closed:
• Public schools: Closed.
• Federal, state and municipal offices: Closed.
• Banks and credit unions: Closed.
• Department of Motor Vehicles: Closed. Reopening 7:45 a.m. Tuesday.
• U.S. financial markets: Closed.
• Libraries: Closed.
• Mail: U.S. post office counters are closed. No regular mail delivery.
• Food and department stores: Most open.
• Southeast Area Transit: Operating on a holiday schedule.
• Cross Sound Ferry: Operating on a holiday schedule.
• Lottery headquarters closed. Regularly scheduled lottery drawings will occur.