People in the News
Dean's List for Fall 2013
The following residents were named to the dean's, presidents', and/or merit lists at their respective colleges and universities for the fall 2013 semester, unless otherwise noted. The student's class year is that which pertained at the time of the achievement.
• Bryant University: Daniel Cappiello of Chester, a junior majoring in marketing; Peter Dixon of Essex, a sophomore with an undeclared major; and Amelia Eppard of Essex, a freshman with an undeclared major.
• Connecticut College: Anastasia Elliott of Essex (senior, dean's honors); Sara MacLean of Deep River (junior, dean's high honors); Devin Maloney of Chester (senior, dean's high honors); and Nathan Roy of Essex (senior, dean's high honors).
• Fairfield University: Ashley Paholski, the daughter of Angela and John Paholski of Ivoryton, a sophomore majoring in English/education and pre-law, minoring in mathematics. She is a member and vice president of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
• Keene State College: Stephanie McCann of Essex.
• Providence College: Colleen Gardner of Deep River, a sophomore, and Lindsey Krupa of Essex, a junior.
• Quinnipiac University: Chelsey Paholski, the daughter of Angela and John Paholski of Ivortyon, a senior in the entry-level master's physician assistant program minoring in gerontology. She is a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
Academic and Extracurricular Achievements
• Janna Moen of Deep River, a senior majoring in biology at Saint Anselm College, received the New Hampshire Idea Networking of Biomedical Research Excellence (NH-INBRE) research grant to continue her work of identifying potential target proteins in oncogenic, or cancerous cells.
Acts of Community Service and Charitable Contributions
• Literacy Volunteers Valley Shore CT Tutors: Joanne Argersinger of Deep River, Emily Brown of Essex, Lori Miller of Chester, and Patricia Rivers of Essex.
• Michael Price of Chester, who has led Goodspeed Musicals for 45 years, has decided to retire from the position of executive director at the end of 2014. He will remain active with Goodspeed in advisory and fundraising roles through 2016.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES