- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Jamie Hill scored 22, including her 1,000th point, as Montville High School downed Waterford on Thursday, 47-37, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division girls' basketball contest.
Hill was carrying on a family tradition. Her father Jeff was the first 1,000-point scorer in school history and her mother Lynne Quintal-Hill eclipsed the 1,000-point mark at Marianapolis Prep.
Cassidy Bundy had 14 points for Montville (8-5, 4-1).
Shea Spellman scored 10 for the Lancers (6-6, 2-3) and Vanessa Kobyluck added nine points.
In other games:
• Michelle Klinikowski scored 17 points to power Ledyard past St. Bernard, 51-29. Bianca Matira added eight points for the Colonels (10-2). Caitlyn Dittman had 12 points for the Saints (8-3), who shot just 25 percent from the field.
• Hannah Behringer scored 15 points while Abby Stone had 13 and Sloane Sweitzer added 12 in Old Lyme's 69-44 win over Hyde in the Shoreline Conference. The Wildcats are 5-5.
• East Lyme outscored Lyman Memorial, 29-10, in the first quarter on the way to a 79-39 victory. Jenna Schumacher had a game-high 24 points and Carynn Bartolucci added 18 for the Vikings (9-3).
• Jadalyn Douglas had 11 points as Hartford Classical downed Norwich Tech, 55-13, in the Constitution State Conference. Sam Savage scored nine for Norwich Tech (3-9).
• East Lyme raced out to an 18-5 lead after one quarter and went on to beat Lyman Memorial 77-64. Will Butler scored 18 points, Dean Beebe had 16 points and Christian Brown scored 11 for East Lyme (3-8). Dylan Conley led Lyman (2-9) with 18 points.
• Waterford scored 29 points in the third quarter to pull away from Montville in a 91-48 win in the ECC Medium Division. Donny Craig led the Lancers (7-4, 3-1) with 24 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists while Connor Lewis added 16 points and Isaiah Jones had 13 points and six assists. Buddy Dewaine had 26 points for the Indians (1-10, 0-4).
• Desmond D'Elia-Miller had 15 points in Norwich Free Academy's 47-40 loss to Stratford. Marcus Outlow added 10 points for the Wildcats (8-2), who trailed 23-13 at halftime.
• Khary Childs had a career-high 20 points and 11 rebounds in Ledyard's 85-47 win over St. Bernard. Phyllip Thomas also had 20 points for the Colonels (8-2), who led 53-18 at halftime. Paul Pepas scored 13 points for the Saints (6-4).
• Josh Turkowski had a career-high 21 points and made five 3-pointers, leading Old Lyme past Haddam-Killingworth, 64-53, in the Shoreline Conference. Jacob Ballachino had 15 points and Eric Behringer had a career best 10 for the Wildcats (4-7, 3-5), who led for the entire second half.
• Justin Brown scored 15 points and Mack Osias added 12 to lift Norwich Tech past Hartford Classical, 42-39, in the CSC. Tyriece Burke added nine points for the Warriors (4-5).
• Montville won all but three matches, beating Griswold 58-18 in the ECC Small Division. Jake Caskey (145 pounds), Ian Concascia (160) and James Hilbie (195) had pins for Montville (14-1, 5-0) and teammates Jake Schmalz (152), Brent Politowicz (182), Zach Looney (120), Tommy Wynosky (126) and Austin Concascia (138) also picked up decisions. James Walsh (220) and Zac Cassidy (132) had pins for Griswold.
• Mike Martin scored 19 and Keith Porter added 18 points as Avery Point beat Bunker Hill CC, 83-71. Malcolm Simmons had 11 points and 12 rebounds for the Pointers (8-7) and Sam Turner scored 17.