- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Lebanon - Remy Bonser and Paul Pepas hit back-to-back three pointers to wipe out a four-point deficit with three minutes remaining and St. Bernard School pulled away for a 67-57 victory over Lyman Memorial in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division boys' basketball game on Friday night.
Bonser, finished with 28 points, including six 3-pointers for the Saints (7-4, 4-0). He scored 12 in the fourth quarter when St. Bernard outscored the Bulldogs 21-13. Steven Fletcher added 16 points and Pepas 12 for the Saints.
In other games:
• Josh Maynard and De'Vonta Robinson each had 12 points and 10 rebounds, powering New London past East Lyme, 88-51. Seth Lake had 18 points while Nabate Meeks had 15 points and Jelanie Lucas added 10 for the Whalers (9-1). Will Butler had 15 points and Greg Swenson had nine for the Vikings (3-9).
• Donny Craig had 13 points and five steals as Waterford rallied in the fourth quarter to defeat Fitch, 59-54. The Lancers (8-4) trailed 41-38 after three quarters before outscoring Fitch 21-13 in the final eight minutes. Connor Lewis added 10 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks for Waterford and Kyle McComic added 10 points. Devante Anderson had a game-high 17 points and 24 rebounds for the Falcons (4-6) and Willie Harris added 14 points.
• Phyllip Thomas scored 23 points as Ledyard cruised to a 97-47 win over Stonington. Eric Young added 21 points and Darnay Gray 19 for the Colonels (9-2) while Divante White paced the Bears (1-10) with 17 points.
• Desmond D'Elia Miller scored 21 points to lead Norwich Free Academy past Killingly, 52-45. Marcus Outlow added 11 points for NFA (8-3) and Brandon Drabinski had 10.
• Adam Converse scored 25 points as Woodstock Academy downed Montville, 91-65. Woodstock led after the first quarter, 35-14. Buddy Dewaine had 15 points for Montville (1-11) and Chance Collier had 14 points.
• Zane Peterson had 13 points as Griswold beat Wheeler, 74-50, in the ECC Small. Jake Raggon scored 17 for Wheeler (1-8, 0-4).
• Hyde of New Haven hit six 3-pointers in the second quarter to take the lead for good and beat Old Lyme, 60-54, in the Shoreline Conference. Josh Turkowski led the Wildcats (4-8) with 14 points and Jacob Ballachino had 12.
• Providence Country Day raced to a 42-6 halftime lead and defeated Williams School, 68-20. Nick Smith scored nine points for the Blues, making three 3-pointers.