- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville — Casey Sullivan hit two free throws with two seconds left to break a 47-47 tie and give St. Bernard School a 49-47 victory over Lyman Memorial on Friday night in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division girls' basketball game.
Sullivan finished with a game-high 30 points with six 3-pointers and Brittney Walenta had nine points and five assists for the Saints (9-3, 3-1). Also, Caitlyn Dittman scored nine.
Briana Padewski scored 16 for the Bulldogs.
In other games:
• Charee Osborne scored a game-high 19 points, converting 7-of-8 free throw attempts, as New London used a big third quarter to defeat East Lyme, 50-42. The Whalers (10-2) outscored the Vikings 16-7 in the third quarter after trailing 21-20 at the break. India Pagan added 17 points for New London while Jenna Schumacher led East Lyme (9-4) with 14 points and nine rebounds and Theresa Durkee finished with 10 points.
• Kaite Morgan scored 18 points, leading Wheeler to a 56-49 win over Griswold in an ECC Small Division game. Jess Muller had nine points and eight rebounds for Wheeler (3-8, 1-3). Kirsten Drobiak scored a game-high 27 for Griswold.
• Michelle Klinikowski had 20 points and nine rebounds as Ledyard beat Stonington, 59-44. Olivia DelGrosso had 19 points for Ledyard (11-2). Tatyana LaFrance-Boyce scored 20 for the Bears (9-4).
• Norwich Free Academy, ranked seventh in the latest New Haven Register state poll, pulled away in the third quarter to rout Killingly, 61-26. The Wildcats (11-1) led 26-14 at halftime before outscoring Killingly 24-6 in the third quarter. Olivia Lane and MacKenzie Burke scored 15 points apiece.
• Vanessa Kobyluck had 15 points and Shea Spellman scored 12 in Waterford's 55-42 win over Fitch. The Lancers are 7-6. Sophie Clark had 12 points and seven rebounds and MacKenzie Aldridge added 11 points for the Falcons (2-10).
• Jamie Hill scored 23 points as Montville cruised to a 54-35 victory over Woodstock Academy. The Indians (9-5) led 49-22 after three quarters. Cassidy Bundy added 10 points for Montville.
• Providence Country Day rallied from a 19-13 halftime deficit to defeat Williams School 43-35. Marion Philippe led the Blues (1-7) with 18 points, eight rebounds, four steals and two blocked shots.
• Brittany Meyer and Elanna Sonon scored six points apiece in Norwich Tech's 30-26 loss to Whitney Tech. The Warriors are 3-9.
• Grasso Tech lost to Amistad Thursday, 43-22. Serenity Kidd-Brewer and Tabitha Ford had eight points each for Grasso.