- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Griswold - Paul Pepas made a 3-pointer with 40 seconds remaining to help rally St. Bernard School to a 53-51 victory over Griswold in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division boys' basketball game Tuesday night.
Pepas' shot gave the division-leading Saints (8-4, 5-0) a 52-51 lead and Remy Bonser added a free throw with 10 seconds left.
Bonser finished with 14 points, Pepas 13 and Graham Fagerquist 11 for St. Bernard, which trailed most of the game.
In other games:
• New London took charge early, building a 44-16 halftime lead and cruising past Killingly, 78-54, in the ECC Medium Division. The Whalers (11-1, 5-0) have won nine straight. Collin Sawyer led the way with 22 points while Josh Maynard added 19 and De'Vonta Robinson finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
• Darnay Gray scored 27 points to lead four Ledyard players in double figures as the Colonels defeated Fitch, 91-61, in the ECC Large Division. Phyllip Thomas added 20 points for the Colonels (10-2, 4-0), DeAnte Bruton had 14 and Khary Childs 13 while John Floyd and Vernon Powe scored 10 points apiece for the Falcons (4-8, 0-4).
• Isaiah Jones scored 16 points, including four 3-pointers, as Waterford defeated Plainfield 63-54 in the ECC Medium Division. Connor Lewis added 13 points for the Lancers (9-4, 4-1), who led 30-23 at the break.
• Buddy Dewaine scored 23 points, leading Montville to a 78-63 win over Stonington in an ECC Medium Division game. Also scoring in double figures for Montville (2-11, 1-4) were T.T. Bowens (13), Joel Greenwood (11) and Chance Collier (10). Montville, which snapped a nine-game losing streak, outscored Stonington 40-28 in the second half. Matt Donahue had 17 points and Riley Sorrento scored 14 for Stonington (1-12, 0-5).
• Zac Abrahamsson had 17 points for Old Lyme in its 60-54 win over Morgan in the Shoreline Conference. Jacob Ballachino and Dan Champman both scored 15 for Old Lyme (5-8) and Josh Turkowski added 11 points.
• Isaiah Stewart had 16 points and Brendan Viollette scored 14 as Bacon Academy beat East Lyme 69-43 in an ECC Large Division game. Tom Walker led East Lyme (3-10, 0-5) with nine points.
• Woodstock Academy outscored Norwich Free Academy 19-8 in the third quarter and went on to defeat the Wildcats, 58-48, in the ECC Large Division. Desmond D'Elia Miller led the Wildcats (8-4, 2-2) with 21 points and Marcus Outlow finished with 14.
• Windham overcame a 32-point effort by Wheeler's Jacob Raggon to defeat Lions 79-60 in the ECC Small Division. Raggon made three 3-pointers for Wheeler (1-9, 0-5) and Mike Dellaporta added 15 points.
• J'Quan Monroe had 30 points as Grasso Tech beat Ellis Tech, 66-53, in a Constitution State Conference game. Joe Diaz scored 15 for Grasso (4-4).
• Levi Gillespie Jr. scored 29 points to lead Hartford Capital past Norwich Tech, 81-43. Matt Martinez led the Warriors (4-6) with 11 points, including three 3-pointers.
• Jack Fader of Williams scored 21 points, but the Blues lost to Oxford 61-58. Rudy Harvey had 12 points and four rebounds for Williams.