- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New Haven - Abby Stone had 18 points as Old Lyme High School edged Hyde of New Haven 57-52 in a Shoreline Conference girls' basketball game Thursday.
Hannah Behringer scored 12 for Old Lyme (7-6) and Sloane Sweitzer added 10 points.
Trayneice Mims scored 25 for the Howling Wolves (6-10).
In other games:
• Brittney Walenta had seven points, nine rebounds and seven assists to help St. Bernard beat Plainfield 55-48. Casey Sullivan made six 3-pointers and scored 21 points for the Saints (11-3) and Caitlyn Dittman had 12 points.
• Shelby Grauer scored 23 points for Holy Family in a 47-33 victory over Grasso Tech. Tabitha Ford led Grasso (3-9) with 15 points and Keila LaStraglio finished with three 3-pointers for nine points. Holy Family is 7-6.
• Joshua Ford had 21 points, 19 rebounds, five assists and two steals as Mitchell beat Daniel Webster 85-66 to remain first in the New England Collegiate Conference. Frank Martin scored 19 for Mitchell (14-4, 10-1) and Parris Hill added 18 points. Daris Cosby scored 20 for the Eagles (12-6, 5-4).
• New London's Keith Porter had 25 points and 10 rebounds to pace UConn-Avery Point past Holyoke CC 75-65. New London's Malcolm Simmons had eight points and 11 rebounds for the Pointers (10-7).
• Eric Paschall had 24 points and 10 rebounds as St. Thomas More trounced Suffield Academy 88-43 at the National Prep Invitational at Rhode Island College. Yuta Watanabe had 12 points and eight rebounds for T-More and Josh Williams added 13 points and five rebounds.
• Bo Nyguen (106 pounds), Derek Schultz (113), Olivia Satti (120), Jeff Csisar (170) and Daric Johnson (220) won by pin to lead Ledyard to a 67-6 victory over East Lyme in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Mike Graff won by decision at 152 for the Colonels (14-5, 6-0), as did Caile Johnson at 195. Kyle Bernard (138) and Mason Pagan (145) earned decisions for East Lyme (4-15, 0-5).
• Old Lyme's Ashley Detuzzi won the all-around competition as the Wildcats topped Windham 91.65-83.5. Old Lyme's Caroline Montanaro was second all-around and Waterford's Elisabeth Heikkinen was third. Detuzzi also won the bars, beam and tied with Montanaro to win the floor, while Heikkinen took the vault.
H.S. boys' basketball
• Rudy Harvey scored 15 points and fellow senior Sotiraq Vangjelli chipped in with eight in The Williams School's 51-36 loss to Marianapolis Prep. Williams led 25-22 at halftime, but was outscored 29-11 in the second half.
• Grasso Tech lost a pair of matches to Vinal Tech (941-820) and Wilcox Tech (849-820) in the Constitution State Conference. Dino Broccoli led Grasso Tech by firing a 179 out of 200. Alex Zinz shot a 167 for the Eagles (0-4, 0-4) and David Gauthier a 165, while Mack Foster finished with a perfect score in the prone position.
• Nathan DeLuca had two goals and an assist and Tucker Johns had 38 saves as Woodstock Academy scored all of its goals in the third period to rally and beat NFA 4-2. Andrew Gagnon and Kevin Teskey scored for NFA (2-10).
• St. Bernard/NFA/Bacon defeated Fitch/East Lyme/Hale-Ray 9-3 Wednesday, scoring the first three goals. Zach Jones scored twice for Fitch and Jarrett Hebert added a goal.