Boys' basketball roundup: Waterford beats Stonington 56-47
Stonington - Waterford High School rode a big third quarter to a 56-47 victory over Stonington in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division boys' basketball game Friday night.
The Lancers (10-4, 5-1) held a slim 23-22 lead at the break before outscoring the Bears 18-9 on the strength of Connor Lewis (seven points) and Schneider Jean-Pierre (six points on two 3-pointers).
Jean-Pierre finished with 18 points and Lewis 17 (he went 5-for-6 from the line in the fourth) for Waterford while Amadi White scored 13 points for Stonington (1-13, 0-6).
In other games:
• Marcus Outlow scored 17 points as Norwich Free Academy beat East Lyme 57-39 in an ECC Large Division game. Brandon Drabinski had nine points for NFA (9-4, 3-2) and Dean Beebe led East Lyme (3-11, 0-6) with 11 points.
• Paul Pepas scored 13 points as St. Bernard defeated Wheeler, 65-46, to remain unbeaten in the ECC Small Division. Remy Bonser and Steven Fletcher added 11 apiece for the Saints (9-5, 6-0) while Mike Dellaporta scored 16 points and Jacob Raggon 12 for the Lions (1-10, 0-6).
• Buddy Dewaine scored 29 points, including three 3-pointers, as Montville rolled to a 70-55 road victory over Killingly in the ECC Medium Division. Chance Collier added 13 for the Indians (3-11, 2-4), who took control in the second quarter by outscoring the Redmen 13-4 to open a 31-18 halftime lead.
• Jacob Ballachino had 18 points as Old Lyme beat Hyde of New Haven, 61-58, in a Shoreline Conference game. Matt Watts-St. Germain scored 14 for Old Lyme (6-8).
• Brendan Violette scored 27 points to lead Bacon Academy past Fitch, 77-64, in the ECC Large Division. Marc Evans scored 29 points, including six 3-pointers, to lead the Falcons (4-9, 1-5) while John Floyd finished with 11.
• Mike Froscello and Mack Osias scored 17 points apiece to lead Norwich Tech to a 52-48 victory over Parish Hill in the Constitution State Conference. Froscello made four 3-pointers for the Warriors, who improve to 5-7.
• J'Quan Monroe scored 27 points and added 15 rebounds in Grasso Tech's 81-51 loss to Prince Tech. Kevin Phlibert had 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles (4-6).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES