- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
East Lyme - Cebria Outlow scored 19 points as Norwich Free Academy pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 52-42 victory over East Lyme in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division girls' basketball game on Friday night.
It was the eighth straight win for the No. 6 Wildcats (13-1, 7-0), whose only loss came against unbeaten and third-ranked South Windsor, 61-49, back on Dec. 28. After the Vikings (10-5, 4-3) outscored NFA 19-11 in the third quarter to pull within 43-40, the Wildcats held East Lyme to only two points in the fourth quarter.
Olivia Lane added 10 points for NFA while Jenna Schumacher scored 15 points for East Lyme and moved within two points of breaking Liz Buckley's career scoring record of 1,186 points. Buckley set the record in 2006. That should come on Tuesday night when the Vikings play Woodstock Academy at East Lyme Middle School.
In other games:
• Vanessa Kobyluck scored a game-high 18 points and Waterford held Stonington to just 28 percent shooting in a 57-47 ECC Medium Division win over the Bears. Kelley Dugan added 12 points for the Lancers (9-8, 4-3) while Taty LaFrance-Boyce had 15 points for Stonington and Margot Calmar added 14 and 16 rebounds.
• Ledyard jumped out to a 25-8 lead at the end of the first quarter and went on to beat Woodstock Academy, 53-31, in the ECC Large Division. Olivia DelGrosso scored 20 points, Hannah Hutchins had eight points and nine rebounds and Ari Fustini added eight assists for the Colonels (13-2, 6-1).
• Sophie Clark had seven points and six rebounds in Fitch's 39-30 loss to Bacon Academy in the ECC Large. The Falcons are 2-12, 1-6.
• Jamie Hill scored 15 points as Montville led 32-13 at halftime and cruised past Killingly 56-33 in the ECC Medium Division. Cassidy Bundy added 12 points for the Indians (10-6, 5-2).
• Brittney Walenta scored 23 points and Caitlyn Dittman added 14 points and 14 rebounds in St. Bernard's 58-26 win over Wheeler in the ECC Small. Casey Sullivan had 10 points and six rebounds for the Saints (12-3, 5-1). Katie Morgan had 11 points for the Lions (3-10, 1-5).
• Lincoln (R.I.) cruised to a 58-19 victory over Williams School. Paola Vangjeli had eight points, three rebounds and three steals for the Blues (1-9) while Marion Philippe added nine rebounds and two blocked shots.
• Samantha Savage had four points and four steals in Norwich Tech's 31-15 loss to Parish Hill. Elanna Sanon added three points and four rebounds for the Warriors (3-11).
• Prince Tech led 48-13 at halftime and went on the beat Grasso Tech 73-28 in a CSC game. Tabitha Ford had 14 points and Keila LaStraglio scored 10 for Grasso (3-10).