- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Malden, Mass. - Mike Petchonka made 33 saves as Connecticut College beat Tufts on Friday night, 3-1, in a New England Small College Athletic Conference men's hockey game.
Adam Patel, Mike Sinsigalli and Greg Liautaud all scored for the Camels (6-12-1, 5-8). Mike Martinez and Ryan Mowery each added an assist.
Kyle Gallegos scored for the Jumbos (3-16, 1-12).
• Sara Ugalde scored on a rebound with 57 seconds left in overtime to give second-ranked Middlebury a 3-2 win over Conn College in the NESCAC. Emily Fluke had a goal and an assist for Middlebury (15-1-3, 10-0-3).
Courtney Dumont scored twice for the Camels (8-9-3, 3-7-3) and Ashley Anctil and Stephanie Izzi both had two assists.
• Eric Paschall had 30 points and five rebounds as St. Thomas More beat South Kent, 113-71. Josh Williams had 13 points, nine rebounds and six assists for T-More (20-4) and Yuta Watanabe added 17 points, five rebounds and five assists.
• Aaron Toomey had 27 points and nine rebounds to lead Amherst to a 77-65 victory over Conn College in the NESCAC. Matt Vadas led the Camels (9-10, 2-5) with 16 points while Alex Hall had 11 off the bench and Rob Harrigan added 10.
• Marley Giddins had 22 points and eight assists to lead 11th-ranked Amherst past Conn College, 77-58, in the NESCAC. Ali Doswell had 19 points and nine rebounds for Amherst (20-2, 7-1). Tara Gabelman had 18 points and seven rebounds for the Camels (12-9, 4-2).
H.S. boys' swimming
• Zach Kosakowski won two individual events and was part of a winning relay team to help East Lyme defeat Hand, 85-82, in a non-conference meet. Kosakowski won the 100-yard butterfly (59.24 seconds) and 100 backstroke (59.18) for the Vikings (11-2) and joined Clayton Otter, Austin Toback and Eric Stirtan on the winning 200 medley relay team (1:41.00). In addition, Ben Biondi won the 50 freestyle (22.71), Ryan Dumas the 500 free (5:29.39) and Otter, Stirtan, Biondi and Benas Kirvelevicius teamed up to win the 200 freestyle relay (1:35.47).
• Sam Kokomoor won a pair of events as Fitch/St. Bernard beat Waterford 92-88 in an ECC meet. Kokomoor won the 200 freestyle (2:14.39) and the 400 freestyle (4:37.67). Aiden Ely, Sean Estep and Dakota Williams also won events for Fitch/St. Bernard (6-2, 6-2), which also swept the three relays.
Elson Guo won the 50 freestyle (27.09) and 100 butterfly (1:04.77) for Waterford (1-7, 1-7) and teammates Matthew Patton and Kevin Su also won events.
• Sheehan broke open a tight game with three straight goals in the second period on the way to a 12-2 win over Fitch/East Lyme/Ledyard/Hale-Ray on Thursday night. Connor Elliot and Kiefer Stroebel, assisted by Elliot, scored goals for the Eagles (1-13).