- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich — Marcus Outlow scored 24 points, including the 1,000th of his career, as Norwich Free Academy beat reigning Class L champion Woodstock Academy 54-45 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' basketball game on Friday night.
Outlow began the night 19 points shy of the milestone and reached it in the third quarter.
Brandon Drabinski added 10 points for the Wildcats (13-6, 6-4) while Ibo Rivera and Desmond D'Elia Miller finished with eight each.
In other games:
• DeAnte Bruton scored 27 points as Ledyard clinched the ECC Large Division title with a 99-44 victory over Fitch.
Phyllip Thomas added 21 points, Khary Childs 14 and Dom Benson 12 for the Colonels (16-3, 9-0) while Devante Anderson scored 13 points and Mark Evans 12 for the Falcons (8-12, 2-8).
• Waterford's Donny Craig had a triple-double - 15 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists - as Waterford finished its regular season with a 59-42 win over Griswold. Kyle McComic added 12 points for the Lancers, who take a 14-6 record into the postseason.
• Buddy Dewaine scored 24 points and Chance Collier added 21 as Montville (4-16) finished its season with a 92-48 win over Lyman Memorial.
• Jacob Ballachino and Josh Turkowski both scored 17 as Old Lyme beat Hale-Ray, 71-62, in a Shoreline Conference contest. Drake Gavin added 13 points for Old Lyme (9-10).
• Amadi White scored 17 points in Stonington's 73-48 season-ending loss to Tourtellotte. The Bears finish 3-17.
• Brendan Violette had 18 points and 13 rebounds to lead Bacon Academy over East Lyme, 74-50, in the ECC Large. Christian Brown and Will Butler scored 10 points apiece for the Vikings (3-16, 0-10).
• Remy Bonser and Graham Fagerquist scored 12 points apiece in St. Bernard's 61-50 loss to Plainfield. The Saints are 12-7.
• Mack Osias had a game-high 21 points and Justin Brown had 15, leading Norwich Tech (9-8) past Wheeler, 64-47.
Jacob Raggon had 18 points and Troy Stefanski added 13 in for the Lions (2-16).
• Brynae Hudson had seven points as Amistad downed Norwich Tech, 39-9, in the CSC. Elana Sanon had four points for Norwich Tech (3-16).
• Keila LaStraglio scored 13 points and Preonna Boyd-Cannon added 11 in Grasso Tech's 49-38 loss to Hartford University on Thursday night. The Eagles are 3-16.