Published February 25. 2014 4:00AM
Plainfield — Kaitlyn Berkel had 14 points, five rebounds and four assists and Casey Sullivan scored 17 as fourth-seeded St. Bernard School downed No. 5 Waterford on Monday, 57-45, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference girls' basketball quarterfinals at Plainfield High School.
Caitlyn Dittman had 15 points and eight rebounds for St. Bernard (18-4) and Brittney Walenta added 10 points.
Kelley Dugan had 15 points and Vanessa Kobyluck scored 14 for the Lancers (12-10).
The Saints advance to play top-seeded Norwich Free Academy (19-2) in Wednesday's semifinals at Plainfield (7:30 p.m.)
Olivia Lane had 14 points as NFA beat No. 9 Montville, 47-33, in its quarterfinal, and Cebria Outlow scored 12. Naomi Clark scored 11 for the Indians (11-11), who led after the first quarter, 13-10.
In other games:
• Samantha Savage scored six points as Norwich Tech ended its season with a 42-24 loss to Hartford University. Elanna Sanon added five rebounds and five steals for the Warriors (3-17) whiel Brittany Meyer had five steals and Madison Bodley four rebounds.
• Phyllip Thomas had a game-high 33 points to lead Ledyard past Bacon Academy in overtime, 82-77, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game. DeAnte Bruton scored 16 and Khary Childs 14 for Ledyard (17-3, 10-0).
• Mike Dellaporta had 20 points and Troy Stefanski scored 16 as Wheeler beat Grasso Tech, 69-57. Jake Raggon had 14 for Wheeler (3-16) and Andrew Swift scored 13. J'Quan Monroe scored 30 for Grasso. The senior scored his 1,000th point in last Friday's 54-51 overtime loss to Parish Hill, becoming the program's second player to achieve that milestone.
• Jacob Ballachino had 18 points as Old Lyme edged Shoreline Conference rival Old Saybrook, 48-47. Drake Gavin had 13 points for Old Lyme (10-10). Owen Greene had 18 points for the Rams (11-8) and Sam Henry scored 13.
• NFA outscored Lyman Memorial 23-6 in the first quarter on the way to a 69-39 victory. Desmond D'Elia-Miller had 18 points and Marcus Outlow added 11 for the Wildcats (14-6).
• Jack Powers scored 15 points in East Lyme's 61-48 loss to Plainfield. The Vikings fell to 3-16.
• Calvin Crawford and Francis Kiapway scored 17 points apiece in St. Thomas More's 83-76 win over Naval Prep. Michael Wells had 14 points and six assists and Yuta Watanabe had eight points and 11 rebounds and Eric Paschall added 13 points for the Chancellors (24-6). T-More finished the regular season in second place in NEPSAC Class AAA and received a first-round bye in the playoffs. The Chancellors will host a semifinal game on Saturday.
• Keith Porter scored 34 points and had five steals and Malcolm Simmons added 21 points and seven rebounds in UConn-Avery Point's 80-77 loss to Dean College. The Pointers fell to 12-14.