- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New London — School was canceled today at the Interdistrict School for Arts and Communication on Governor Winthrop Boulevard after a small electrical fire was reported in one of the rooftop heating units.
Battalion Chief Tom Curcio said when firefighters arrived at the scene there was smoke on the second floor. He said students weren’t inside the school at the time and were taken to a different location so they could stay warm. The incident was reported at 7:28 a.m.
Curcio said school officials were expected to have someone fix the unit today.
A school official who answered the phone said school would reopen Monday. She said they were in the process contacting parents to ensure that children got back home safely.