- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich – A fire at a Huntington Place home Saturday morning displaced three residents from their third-floor apartment.
Norwich Fire Department Chief Kenneth J. Scandariato said a call came in at 9:02 a.m. reporting the fire at 32 Huntington Place. Assisted by the Mohegan Sun Tribal Fire Department, firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 40 minutes, he said.
The first- and second-floor apartments of the wooden, old-style Victorian house were unaffected, he said, though the fire did extend to the loft and attic areas of the building.
There were no injuries. The American Red Cross is assisting the three displaced residents.