Login  /  Register  | 3 premium articles left before you must register.

Four displaced in wake of stove fire in New London

By Greg Smith

Publication: theday.com

Published March 18. 2014 5:45PM   Updated March 18. 2014 5:47PM

New London — Two children were treated for minor smoke inhalation Tuesday following a stove fire on the second floor of a two-family home at 24 Garfield Ave.

Firefighters quickly snuffed out the grease fire and contained it to the area surrounding the stove without the use of water, according to Battalion Chief Tom Curcio. The apartment suffered some smoke damage.

Two children, ages 10 and 12, were coming out of the home when firefighters arrived. They were treated at the scene in a New London ambulance.

The local chapter of the American Red Cross is providing temporary housing and emergency supplies for the two adults and two children from the apartment where the fire occurred.

Police temporarily closed off a portion of Garfield Avenue.

News by Town

Most Recent Poll
How will you be celebrating St. Patrick's Day this weekend?
Sporting green and shamrocks from head to toe.
Attending one of the parades in the area.
With a tall pint of Guinness.
With a family meal of corned beef and cabbage.
It's the one time of year I get to drink green beer.
I'm not Irish, not even on St. Patrick's Day.
Number of votes: 1074

No current items found