Norwich fire marshal says space heater caused fire Saturday

Norwich – A fire that damaged a two-family home at 32 Huntington Place on Saturday was caused accidentally by a space heater placed too close to a bed, according to Fire Marshal Kenneth Scandariato.

First reported at 9:02 a.m. the fire was contained by Norwich firefighters to the third floor, with some extension into the attic. The fire temporarily displaced two families.

No injuries were reported.

The local chapter of the American Red Cross said they were called to help eight people, four adults and four children, with emergency housing, food and clothing needs.

Town records show the Victorian-style home, built in 1896, is owned by John E. Ashburner.

 

Hide Comments

READER COMMENTS

Loading comments...
Hide Comments