- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New London — Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in a unit of the apartment building located at 187 Huntington St. at around 10 a.m. this morning.
Battalion Chief Edward Sargent said there were no injuries but the fire caused damages to the kitchen stove and some cabinets. He estimated the cost of damages to be a couple thousand dollars.
Sargent described the fire as small and said that only a few towels were burning when firefighters arrived. He said he was not sure how the fire started and said that property management stated they planned to make repairs today.