H.S. lacrosse roundup: Stonington girls nip East Lyme 13-12
East Lyme — Jenny Sieczkiewicz finished with five goals and an assist Wednesday as the Stonington High School girls' lacrosse team edged reigning Eastern Connecticut Conference tournament champion East Lyme 13-12 on opening night.
The Bears scored eight goals in the second half. Emily Cassata and Emily Grey added two goals each for Stonington, which was knocked out of the tournament last season by the Vikings, and Grey had two assists. Lexi Bucko made five saves in goal.
Gabby Fiengo had three goals and three assists for East Lyme, which led 7-5 at halftime, while Belle Kenny added three goals and Caroline Gonsalves and Kendall Roberts had two each.
In other games:
• McKenzie Potter scored five goals for Waterford in a 15-8 victory over Norwich Free Academy. Nina LaBrie and Lexi Lewis added two goals each for the Lancers, who led 7-5 at halftime. Hannah Long scored five goals for NFA and Maya Bell had three goals and an assist.
• Maddy Lahm had three goals and two assists to lead Williams to a 10-2 win over St. Andrew's. Lily Goldberg added three goals and an assist for the Blues while Britta Widham finished two goals and an assist.
• Liz Austin had four goals and two assists, helping to lead Ledyard to a 12-11 win over Fitch. Ellie Phetteplace had three goals and Maddie Tilton and Morgan Wicken had two goals each for Ledyard. Micheline Pinto had four goals and two assists for Fitch, Susannah Lucey scored three times and Jackie Kokomoor had a goal and an assist for Fitch.
• Griffin Woods had four goals and one assist as East Lyme held off Stonington, 10-8. The Bears trailed 9-4 after three quarters before outscoring the Vikings 4-1 in the final quarter. Nick Page added two goals and two assists, Evan Opsahl one goal and three assists and goalie Greg Swenson stopped 15 shots for the Vikings, while Jack Riordan had four goals and one assist for the Bears, Will Iorio had a goal and four assists, Tyler Grills had two goals and one assist and goalie Cole Curtis made 13 saves.
• NFA beat Waterford 10-9 in overtime. Logan Morin had seven goals and an assist, Jaedon Brown had a goal and three assists and Kyle Ton had a goal and two assists for NFA. Billy Barrs had four goals and two assists and Michael Beltran scored twice for Waterford.
• St. Thomas More's Brendan Strobel had two goals and an assists, but the Chancellors lost to Forman School 4-3. Alek Burgess had a goal, Adam Brown-Bryant had an assist and Kory Fortier made 18 saves for T-More (1-2).
• Woodstock Academy beat St. Bernard/Wheeler 16-3. Nick Kane scored twice and Tim Bouchard had a goal for St. Bernard/Wheeler.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES