- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Flora Klise had four goals and Danielle Keefe added 10 saves as St. Bernard School outlasted Norwich Free Academy 16-14 in a girls' lacrosse game on Friday.
Shannon Amarello and Grace Mayeda each scored three times for the Saints (2-0) while Sam Trombley had five goals and Hannah Long scored four times for NFA (0-2).
In other games:
• Gabby Fiengo had four goals for East Lyme in its 14-2 win over Ledyard. Caroline Gonsalves had four assists for East Lyme (1-1) and Belle Kenny added two goals and an assist.
• Kyle Tong had three goals and two assists as NFA built a 9-0 halftime lead and cruised past St. Bernard/Wheeler 14-5. Logan Morin added three goals and one assist and Danny Grant scored three goals for the Wildcats (2-0). Nick Kane had two goals and an assist for St. Bernard (0-2), while Ryan Londregan scored twice.
• Henry Hunt had seven goals and two assists as Old Lyme opened its season with a 15-4 victory over Old Saybrook in the Shoreline Conference. Jacob Fenton added three goals and four assists for the Wildcats while Eric Behringer finished with three goals and two assists and goalie Seth Rohrberb had 15 saves.
• Guilford built a 7-2 halftime lead and defeated Stonington 16-6. Tyler Grills had three goals and an assist for the Bears (0-2), Will Iorio had one goal and two assists, Jack Riordan and Zach Poirier each scored a goal and goalie Cole Curtis had 16 saves.
• Brendan Strobel had three goals and one assist while Adam Brown-Bryant added two goals and two assists as St. Thomas More defeated Rocky Hill (R.I.) 8-5. Alek Burgess also had two goals for the Chancellors (2-2) while goalie Kory Fortier made 13 saves.