H.S. baseball roundup: Ledyard rallies past Woodstock
Woodstock - Ledyard High School exploded for six runs in the top of the seventh inning to wipe out a 5-4 deficit and the Colonels went on to defeat Woodstock Academy 10-6 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division baseball game Monday.
Jordan Kowalski went 2-for-3 with a double, two runs and an RBI, while Andrew Byrd had a pair of hits and Branden Medina and Anthony Viteritto drove in two runs apiece for the Colonels (2-0, 1-0).
In other games:
• East Lyme scored five runs in the fourth inning on the way to a 9-7 victory over Norwich Free Academy in the ECC Large Division. Austin Toback led the Vikings (2-2, 1-0) with two hits, two runs and two RBI while Logan Banker added a pair of hits and Connor Elliott doubled. Caleb Bierman had three hits for NFA (2-1, 0-1) while Chance Gendron scored twice.
• Seth Hoagland and Kevin Johnson had three doubles apiece as Waterford routed Stonington 15-0 in the ECC Medium Division. Johnson also drove in three runs and Hoagland scored twice for the Lancers (3-0, 1-0) while Adam Goss was 2-for-2 with two RBI and Connor Lewis was 2-for-3 with two RBI and three runs. Riley Sorrento went 2-for-3 with a double for Stonington (1-1, 0-1).
• Buddy Dewaine allowed just one hit over 4 1/3 shutout innings as Montville defeated Killingly 7-1 in the ECC Medium Division. Dewaine also scored twice and drove in a run with a double for the Indians (3-0, 1-0) while TT Bowens drove in three runs, Chad Mooney scored twice and Stan Kesilewski had an RBI triple and scored a run.
• Hayden Couture scattered seven hits in a complete-game effort as Bacon Academy defeated Fitch 7-1 in the ECC Large Division. Jimmy Kintner singled home Jack Porter in the sixth inning for the Falcons' only run. Fitch is 0-3, 0-1.
• Ian Li pitched a complete-game, two-hitter in St. Bernard's 2-1 victory over Platt at Dodd Stadium, striking out 10. Patrick Halloran had a hit and two RBI for St. Bernard (3-1) and Anthony Malchiodi and Willie Rios each had a hit and a run scored.
• Justin Keating was 3-for-5 with a home run, six RBI and two runs scored in Norwich Tech's 16-4 victory over University/Classical. Mason Thibodeau added three hits, including a double, and two RBI for the Warriors (2-2) and Steve Sieczkowski and Bryce Bedard had two hits each.
• Cromwell handed Old Lyme its first loss, rallying from a 4-3 deficit to defeat the Wildcats 8-4 in the Shoreline Conference. Billy Buscetto had two hits and drove in a run for Old Lyme (2-1), while Dave Peck added a two-run double during a four-run fifth.
• Ryan D'Alessandro pitched a two-hitter as Providence Country Day defeated St. Thomas More 15-0 in the SENE. Emiliano Moya and Hiro Senuma each had singles for the Chancellors (0-3, 0-2).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES