- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Logan Morin had four goals and an assist as Norwich Free Academy edged downed Woodstock Academy, 10-8, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' lacrosse game on Thursday.
Ben Thompson added two goals for the Wildcats (3-1, 1-1) and Jaedon Brown and Kyle Ton each had a goal and an assist.
In other games:
• Griffen Woods scored four goals as East Lyme defeated Bacon Academy 8-4 in the ECC Large Division. Nic Page added one goal and one assist for the Vikings (4-0, 2-0) and goalie Greg Swenson made 12 saves.
• Nick Lauer scored six goals and Ledyard defeated Montville, 14-7, in the ECC Small Division. The Colonels are 2-1, 1-0. Tyler Price scored three times for Montville (0-2, 0-1).
• Billy Barrs had five goals and an assist as Waterford earned its first win of the season by topping St. Bernard/Wheeler, 14-4, in the ECC Small. Michael Beltran scored five times for the Lancers (1-2, 1-1) and Bray Griffith-Potter scored twice. Tim Bouchard had two goals, Nick Kane had two assists, and Jack Satti had 28 saves for the Saints (0-3, 0-3).
• Garrett Hansen had six goals and two assists to pace Moses Brown (R.I.) downed Stonington, 16-10. Jack Riordan had four goals for Stonington (1-3) and Tyler Grills had three goals and an assist. Also, Will Iorio had five assists.
• Pat McAlister and Joe Lee both had four goals as Morgan beat Old Lyme, 12-3, in the Shoreline Conference. Henry Hunt scored all three goals for Old Lyme (1-1) and Seth Rohrberg had 10 saves.
• Liz Austin scored six goals as Ledyard beat Montville 15-7. Brooke Scahill had three goals, Cassidy Jenkins scored twice, Ellie Phetteplace had a goal and an assist and Gretchen Montgomery made five saves for Ledyard (2-1, 1-0).
Gabby Iaconiello and Rachel Marchini scored three goals each, Katherine Namin had a goal and an assist and Hailey Adcock made eight saves for Montville (1-2, 0-1).
• Valerie Muller scored four goals while Heaven Datino added three goals and two assists as Stonington defeated Wheeler 17-2 in the ECC Small Division. Hannah Johnson, Emily Cassata and Jenny Sieczkiewicz each added two goals for the Bears (3-0, 2-0). Wheeler is 0-2, 0-1.
• Belle Kenny had four goals and two assists as East Lyme cruised past Bacon, 19-4, in the ECC Large Division. Caroline Gonsalves and Rebecca McGlone added three goals and two assists apiece for the Vikings (3-1, 2-0) while Kendall Roberts scored twice and Vanessa Vurno had two goals and one assist.