- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Election 2014
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard — Trevor Bolduc had three hits and four RBI and Jordan Kowalski went 3-for-4 with three RBI as the Ledyard High School baseball team stayed unbeaten with a 17-3 win over Stonington on Saturday.
Anthony Viteritto had two hits and two RBI for the Colonels (4-0) and Kavan Jakuba and Andrew Byrd had three hits apiece. Evan August was the winning pitcher, allowing one hit over six innings.
Ledyard plays unbeaten Waterford at Matt Buriak Field on Monday.
The Bears are 1-3.
In other games:
• Thomas Sutera pitched a complete-game two-hitter and Waterford stayed unbeaten with a 1-0 win over South Kingstown (R.I.). Brent Conderino's single drove home Kevin Johnson with the winning run. The Lancers are 5-0.
• Ames Murray pitched a three-hitter with nine strikeouts to lead Darien past Norwich Free Academy 7-1 at Dodd Stadium. Eddie Gates had two hits, including a triple for NFA (2-3).
• UConn-bound pitcher Marvin Gorgas struck out 15 and allowed two hits as East Hampton defeated Old Lyme 8-1 in the Shoreline Conference. Ross Golebiewski had a double and Bill Buscetto singled against Gorgas for the Wildcats (3-2).
• Aaron Michaud had five hits, five runs scored, four stolen bases and two RBI and St. Bernard defeated Tourtellotte 20-5 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division. Rich Falvey had three hits and four RBI, Josh Gurnack three RBI and Anthony Malchiodi and Willie Rios two hits apiece for the Saints (5-1, 2-1).
• Peter Khoury struck out four in six innings in Fitch's 4-0 loss to North Kingstown (R.I.). The Falcons are 1-4.
• Elaina Sullivan hit an RBI double and Waterford defeated Norwich Free Academy 5-3. Jodi Weiss had an RBI single and Tori VanCleave was the winning pitcher for the Lancers (2-3). Emily Arico had three hits and Melissa Castillo had a double and an RBI for NFA (2-3).
• Sarah Bond had two doubles and two RBI as East Lyme defeated previously unbeaten Granby Memorial, a state finalist in Class M last season, 7-3. Samantha Horner and Hannah Burke had two hits apiece and Meghan Welch was the winning pitcher for East Lyme (4-0).
• Jackie Lewis went 2-for-4 and drove in three runs and Fitch rallied from a 2-0 deficit to defeat Coventry (R.I.) 6-2. The Falcons (4-0) scored three runs in the fifth and three in the sixth to take control and made a winner of reliever Caroline Taber (4-0), who allowed one run on two hits over three innings of relief with one walk and four strikeouts.
• Joe Carter won the 200 and long jump, helping the Ledyard boys to a third-place finish at the Bloomfield Invite. Carter won the 200 in 23.32 and the long jump in 20 feet, 8 inches. JoJo Shumaker was second in the long jump and fifth in the triple jump for the Colonels, while Brandon Chesnut was second in the discus, Jeff Csisar was second in the javelin, Parker Cronin was third and Ryan Johnson fourth in the pole vault, and Bryce Hedman was fourth in the 1,600.
The Ledyard girls finished 16th. Ari Fustini was second in the javelin, while Hannah Arnold was fourth in the pole vault.
• Tyler Latham set meet records in the 110 high hurdles and and 300 intermediate hurdles, leading Fitch at the Panther Invite. Latham won the high hurdles in 14.99 and the intermediate hurdles in 56.16. Raheem Ivy (triple jump, 40-10) and Devante Anderson (javelin, 164-6) also won events for the Falcons, while Brian Robinson was second in the discus and the 4x400 relay team of Owen Stanfield, Latham, Daelon Morgan and Josh Betancourt was also second.
• Hall defeated NFA 15-4. Kyle Ton and Logan Morin scored two goals apiece for the Wildcats (3-2).
• Tyler Price scored four times but Montville's rally against Wilbur Cross/Hillhouse/Career fell short in an 8-6 loss. Kyle Marsh scored twice for the Indians (0-3).
• Henry Hunt and Ian Humphreys had three goals apiece as Old Lyme defeated Waterford 10-6. The Wildcats are 2-1. Michael Beltran and Grant Larson had two goals apiece for Waterford (1-3).
• Tyler Grills scored seven goals as Stonington defeated Fitch 14-7. The Bears are 2-3. Ryan Reuling scored three times for Fitch (1-3).
• Tim Bouchard had one goal and one assist in St. Bernard/Wheeler's 16-3 loss to Berlin. Goalie Jack Satti made 28 saves for the Saints (0-4), who were outshot 45-15.
• Gabby Iaconiello scored four goals and Montville edged Wheeler 11-10 in the ECC Small Division. Emily Kewer scored three goals and Rachel Marchini and Katherine Namin had two apiece for the Indians (2-1, 1-1). Jess Muller had five goals for Wheeler (0-3, 0-2).