- 2016 Elections
- 2016 Lunch Debates
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Liz Austin had three goals and an assist as Ledyard High School handed St. Bernard its first loss, 9-5, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division girls' lacrosse game on Monday.
Leslie Dunn added two goals and an assist for the Colonels (3-1, 2-0) while Ellie Phetteplace had three assists and goalie Gretchen Montgomery had 16 saves.
Shannon Amarello had three goals and Danielle Guth scored twice for the Saints (2-1, 0-1).
In other games:
• Hannah Long had seven goals and Kamryn Grace added five as Norwich Free Academy won its first game, 19-13, over Fitch in the ECC Large. Melissa Rayment and Sam Trombley each added two goals for the Wildcats (1-4, 1-1). Susannah Lucey had five goals for the Falcons (1-2, 0-1) and Michelina Pinto added three goals.
• Jenny Sieczkiewicz had four goals and an assist and Valerie Muller scored four times as Stonington trounced Valley Regional, 20-4, to remain unbeaten. Elizabeth Morrison had three goals and two assists, Emily Cassata had three goals and an assist, and Hannah Johnson had two goals and two assists for the Bears (4-0).
• Nick Lauer had six goals and Nick LoBianco added five as Ledyard rolled to a 15-5 victory over St. Bernard/Wheeler in the ECC Small Division. Jayson Bliven scored twice for the Saints (0-5, 0-2). Ledyard is 3-1, 2-0.
• Old Lyme lost to Haddam-Killingworth in five innings, 12-0, in the Shoreline Conference. Ali Scott went 2-for-2 for Old Lyme.
• Ashley Cambisaca went 4-for-4 and scored both runs in Grasso Tech's 11-2 loss to Putnam in the Constitution State Conference. Amanda Overton added three hits for the Eagles.
• Kianna Dailey had two hits and drove in three runs as Norwich Tech defeated Parish Hill, 23-8, in the CSC. Winning pitcher Madison Bodley also had two hits for the Warriors, including a double, and drove in two runs.
• Mike Graff shot a low-round 40 as Ledyard and East Lyme began their respective seasons with a 3.5-all tie in the ECC Large. Jack Gabriel shot a 44 for Ledyard. Zach Kosakowski shot a 45 for the Vikings.
• Kim Postler shot a 54 as NFA beat East Lyme, 233-285, in the season-opener for both teams. Hannah Slocum shot a 55 for NFA and Katie Strickland shot a 59. Kyla Henry shot a 65 for the Vikings.
• Hand swept NFA 25-19, 25-21, 25-13 for its first win of the season. Matthew Belmont had 11 kills for NFA (0-3) and Matt Tiroccai had 10 digs.
• Ashley Murtha had 13 goals and one assist to lead Mitchell College to a 26-17 win over Albertus Magnus. Amanda Rowan added for goals fot the Mariners (2-7) and goalie Anysia Lombardo made nine saves.
• Boston College of the Atlantic Coast Conference will play St. John's of the Big East in a non-league game on Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Dodd Stadium in Norwich. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the box office, by calling (860) 887-7962 or online at www.cttigers.com.