- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich — Tyler Latham won three events and finished second in a fourth as Fitch High School routed Norwich Free Academy 92-58 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division boys' track and field meet on Tuesday.
Latham captured the 110-meter hurdles (14.9 seconds), 300 intermediate hurdles (44.6) and 400 (51.6) for the Falcons (3-0, 1-0) while placing second to NFA's Andris Vital in the 200.
Fitch, which also won two of the three relays, also picked up individual wins from Miggy Gambo (100 dash, 11.7), Daelon Morgan (800, 2:10), John Floyd (high jump, 6-feet), Raheem Ivy (triple jump, 39-0), Isaac Perez (pole vault, 10-0), Brian Robinson (discus, 131-1) and Devante Anderson (javelin, 168-11).
In addition to Vital, NFA (2-1, 0-1) also had individual wins from Conor Gralton (1,600, 4:41), Logan Hasen (3,200, 11:08), Danny Rojas (long jump, 20-5) and Noah Brown (shot put, 41-6½).
In other meets:
• Joe Carter set a school record in the long jump (21-6), one of his three wins that helped Ledyard defeat East Lyme 83-67 in the ECC Large Division.
Carter also won the triple jump (40-4) and 200 (22.5) for the Colonels (3-0, 1-0), who also picked up double wins from Brandon Chesnut in the discus (122-11) and shot put (41-5½), and Bryce Hedman in the 800 (2:10.9) and 1,600 (4:56.5). Greg Atkinson won the 110 hurdles (16.0) and 300 hurdles (45.4) for the Vikings (2-1, 0-1).
• Dan Linkinhoker won two events as Montville beat Stonington 92-58 in the ECC Medium Division. Linkinhoker won the 1600 meters and 3200, Neil Schneeberg won the 800 and was on two winning relays teams. Also, Justin Longton, Chase Lewis and Tyler Quidgeon each won an event and was on a winning relay team for Montville (1-2, 1-0). Stonington's Jack DiPollino won four events - the 110 and 300 hurdles and the long and high jumps - and Matt Prue won the 200 and 400 for Stonington (1-2, 0-1).
• Kiah Strickland won three events as Montville beat Stonington 93-57 in the ECC Medium Division. Strickland won the javelin, 100 hurdles and 300 hurdles. Abby Baukus, Hannah Marchini and Abigail McAdams each won an event and were on a winning relay team for Montville (3-0, 1-0). Kaeli Novak and Meg Rolfe each won an event and were on two winning relays teams for the Bears (0-3, 0-1).
• MaiLynne Park and Taylor Driggers won two events each as Fitch beat NFA 93-57 in an ECC Large Division meet. Park won the 100 and 400 and Driggers won the long jump and triple jump for NFA (3-0, 1-0). Alana Olendorf won the 300 hurdles and was on a winning relay team for the Falcons (1-2, 0-2).
• Chelsea Stevens won the 100 (13.2) and 200 (27.2) and teamed with Emma Perry, Caroline Thiede and Janelle Wheaton to win the 4x100 (52.1) as East Lyme downed Ledyard, 109-23, in the ECC Large. Jenna Schumacher won both the shot put (30-1) and javelin (114-0) for East Lyme (3-0, 1-0) and Wheaton won the high jump (4-8) and triple jump (33-6). Other winners for the Vikings were Izzy Moore (1,600, 5:36), Ashleigh Meek (300 hurdles, 62.2), Shawn Dousis (pole vault, 8-0), Kirsten Thompson (800, 2:36), Kristen Foster (discus, 78-1), and Perry (400, 62.8). Chenoa Sebastian won the 100 hurdles (15.8) and long jump (15-5) for the Colonels (0-3, 0-1).